Grad School Interviews

I know it's crazy to worry about this now when I haven't even finished submitting all my applications yet but...

Does anyone who has been through this process before know when, roughly, interviews would be for schools that do them? I've heard that they are often short notice and I work full time so I'm just trying to figure out if they would be on the weekend or during the week (if I even get asked) and what month they're usually in.

From the west coast, and most interviews are typically in mid-late March. Some schools may do late February, but this is very rare imo. Several do them as late as April, but I would say the majority are in March. They usually notify you a week to two weeks prior and are held on weekdays (usually a Friday when campus is less crowded. I've never had an interview on a weekend before). You're usually there for two hours or so. The worst part is waiting for a reply. I've had schools that interview mid-March but don't get back to you until June. Most will try to shoot for late April-May. 

• 2 weeks later...

I applied to 6 schools, and only 1 of them used interviews in the process. I got a few weeks notice, and the interview was via phone (which was good b/c I was living in Mexico at the time). They were great about flexible scheduling. It only took about 25 minutes, and I did it while I was at work (I just locked myself in an office and got one of my 6th graders to stand guard at the door, haha!) 

• 3 weeks later...
On 11/20/2016 at 5:43 PM, ElKel87 said:

I know it's crazy to worry about this now when I haven't even finished submitting all my applications yet but...

Does anyone who has been through this process before know when, roughly, interviews would be for schools that do them? I've heard that they are often short notice and I work full time so I'm just trying to figure out if they would be on the weekend or during the week (if I even get asked) and what month they're usually in.

mine were all late feb and it was on the weekend

• 1 month later...

Hi!

I am currently applying to programs as well. Most of my schools don't have interviews, but a few do. Baldwin Wallace University and the University of Toledo both have already invited me to interview at the end of January and both programs had Jan 1st deadlines. I think the submission deadline tends to dictate the date of the interview as well as each school's way of evaluating applicants. From what I've read, most of the evaluations for U of Toledo happen AFTER the interview. Also, one interview is on a friday and the other is on a saturday, both at 8:30am and lasting throughout the day.