Waiting GRE Reports - Panicking + Thanksgiving!

|SDH|-|PhD|

Hi All,

I'm applying to PhD programs, and all of my applications are due by December 1st. I took the GRE on November 15th and I'm anxiously awaiting the official reports. I took the GRE 6 years ago (oh my!) and completely forgot about this delay. I still need to submit my scores to 4 more schools, which I cannot do until the official report has been returned. 

Also..It's Thanksgiving, and they will be out Thursday and Friday for the Holiday.

I don't think it's realistic that my official GRE scores will be in by December 1st. Has anyone ever had this issue? Any suggestions? Words of wisdom, support, or condolences? :(  

I assume you took the computer-administered test, right? If so, you should definitely receive your score report before December 1st - this will tell you your AWA score as well as all of your rankings. My understanding is that most programs accept self-reported scores in order to begin processing the application, as long as they receive the official scores from ETS not long after the deadline. If a program's website says that they must have the official ETS report by the deadline, it's still worth reaching out to the DGS to see if they'll still look at your application.

Oh, and make sure to check your ETS account daily to see if your scores are ready - for some reason, they didn't send me an e-mail notification about them until the day after I discovered they were ready. Good luck!

I think they will post your scores online by 25th. Don't stress out so much about it. They understand the time constraint and they always try to post the results as soon as possible. So, keep your fingers crossed and wait till 25th. When you get the scores online, download the PDF report and upload it to your application. The admissions office will understand that your score from ETS is on the way and ;et your application through. Stay strong my friend, it will be fine.