2017 Results Thread

ironheart

On 4/16/2017 at 0:11 PM, matilda1225 said:

Program Applied To: (MPA, MPP, IR, etc.) MPP
Schools Applied To:  Harris, Evans, Goldman, HKS, Ford
Schools Admitted To:  Evans ($$), Goldman ($$$), Ford (no funding)
Schools Rejected From: HKS, waitlisted at Harris
Undergraduate institution:  rigorous liberal arts school. Sociology major
Undergraduate GPA:  3.0

GRE Quantitative Score: 148
GRE Verbal Score:  164
GRE AW Score:  6.0
Years Out of Undergrad (if applicable):  3
Years of Work Experience:  3
Describe Relevant Work Experience:   1 year local government, 2 years consulting with nonprofits and local govts 

Strength of SOP (be honest, describe the process, etc):    My essays were the strongest part of my application and I took a fair bit of time to write the "optional" essay and explain my terrible grades/mediocre test scores 

Strength of LOR's (be honest, describe the process, etc):  Couldn't ask my direct supervisor because he's sensitive to turnover. I think overall probably decent but not stellar. 

Reflection: I wish I'd studied harder on the GREs because that was my only opportunity to demonstrate quantitative skills. Overall I'm pretty happy with the outcome, since I got into one of my top choices with full funding

Hello!
May I have your email to ask you a couple of questions about your applications? I have the same GPA as you and according to a GRE mock test, I am in the 150Q on the GRE... Want to know a bit about your essays. Please!