2017 Results Thread

ironheart

3 hours ago, dollybird said:

Sorry to hijack the thread. I heard back from Luskin about funding. All of the funding announcements have been sent, so if our letter didn't mention it, we didn't get any.

Thanks for sharing! That's too bad. It's my top choice program, but compared with a full scholarship to USC it's not looking so tempting anymore.

2 hours ago, saranyc234 said:

Saw that from sipa as well. Guessing that means by the end of this week ? 

Was this an email or just on their admissions blog? I didn't receive an email...

3 minutes ago, thex11factor said:

just heard from McCourt...did anyone else? I was offered a little money

Is there a thread dedicated to Georgetown McCourt MPP? 

I haven't seen a dedicated McCourt thread for this year. But yes, results came out today!

I got an email today saying that I was accepted to GWU's International Development program. I should be getting an official letter and financial info soon. I also applied to American University and am waiting to hear back. I will likely go to whichever school that offers more aid. 

3 hours ago, Essjo said:

I got an email today saying that I was accepted to GWU's International Development program. I should be getting an official letter and financial info soon. I also applied to American University and am waiting to hear back. I will likely go to whichever school that offers more aid. 

Congratulations Essjo! Hope you get good financial aid :)

19 hours ago, pinku said:

Congratulations Essjo! Hope you get good financial aid :)

That's very kind of you. Thank you very much. I appreciate it. :D

This year, WWS has not posted any timeline with a specific notification date (unlike 2016 and 2015) - When do you think the MPA results will be out? People are predicting the 8th for HKS. 

Hi,

I wanted to know if the Universities double check the work experience people mention in the CV. I was quite enraged today when I got to know about someone who was boasting of lying blatantly about her work ex in the CV.

19 hours ago, Dankj said:

Hi,

I wanted to know if the Universities double check the work experience people mention in the CV. I was quite enraged today when I got to know about someone who was boasting of lying blatantly about her work ex in the CV.

Normally, the professional referee (work supervisor) would write a letter of recommendation and outline the job title and responsibilities of applicant.

5 minutes ago, CakeTea said:

Normally, the professional referee (work supervisor) would write a letter of recommendation and outline the job title and responsibilities of applicant.

Yes, but what about previous work experience?

1 minute ago, Dankj said:

Yes, but what about previous work experience?

Most adcoms may not check previous work unless it raises red flags (inflated job titles in a junior job post graduation). I heard from a prof that adcoms do not spend too much time. They tick boxes: GPA, GRE, TOEFL, work, awards