Fall 2010 Admission Results

Don't worry about yale or princeton yet. Someone was clearly messing with the results. I'm fairly certain that nobody has claimed the cornell, penn, brown, yale, or princeton acceptances (unless I missed it)...so I assume that these schools have yet to notify.

Don't worry about yale or princeton yet. Someone was clearly messing with the results. I'm fairly certain that nobody has claimed the cornell, penn, brown, yale, or princeton acceptances (unless I missed it)...so I assume that these schools have yet to notify.

I agree. It is unlikely that none of us have heard, given how many people applied to these places. I will not even look at the results page anymore. If it's not in this thread, it's not real. biggrin.gif (how philosophical...)

Sooooo.... hopefully more news today. I am getting tired of waiting.

well, I imagine that some department can xpect more than 50 percent yield. And no, I think 10 percent is a bit high for top departments. Northwestern apparently had a 5 percent acceptance rate this year.

How do you know acceptance rates? Has Northwestern/other schools released figures already?

Are you sure the NYU results are not fake as well? Im hoping so, Ive been officially rejected in three programs and havent received anything from Berkeley and Chicago so thats probably two more...Im fearing the prospect of having 15 rejections...

OK. This is why I think the Princeton posts are fake (Besides just a need to maintain my sanity while I sit at work all day). Last year, Princeton admitted on what will be next Thursday. This year, there has been insane weather which has resulted in (among other things) Princeton being closed...2 days I think? I find it hard to believe that they came back from a snow day and immediately sent out admits/rejects (not impossible, and even if they did, I can't believe that with the weather they are not somewhat behind. My uncle works at Penn (not in PoliSci) and I know stuff is running slow there, I can't imagine Princeton is unaffected. Also, last year they did not admit and reject on the same day. Finally, not ONE person who is on the forum has been either rejected or accepted which is just totally suspect. So. I think they are fake.

Now the real question, was writing this more for the board or more for me? (Answer: Entirely for me and my tenuous mental stability).

Here's hoping we all hear something soon.

Are you sure the NYU results are not fake as well? Im hoping so, Ive been officially rejected in three programs and havent received anything from Berkeley and Chicago so thats probably two more...Im fearing the prospect of having 15 rejections...

Well, I know for sure that the NYU result I posted is not fake :). Except of course, if the three e-mails they sent me so far were hoaxes :unsure: (now I am getting paranoid as well...). I sent them an e-mail (10 February) to ask if they had decided on all applications already, the answer was: "I cannot comment on the admission status of any other application except to say that our process is ongoing and all applicants will be notified when it is complete."

Don't really know how to interpret that - there still might be hope? Anyway, I keep my fingers crossed for you.

Does anyone think the Harvard Government results are fake, too?

I'm totally leaning that way, now.

I can tell you: University of Michigan is real: I was accepted for theory

Stanford is real: I was rejected.

Let me know your views re: Harvard government.

best,

hooperhayley

best,

hooperhayley

Harvard was fake. Someone admitted posting the fake results.

Edited by Ziz

Finally, not ONE person who is on the forum has been either rejected or accepted which is just totally suspect. So. I think they are fake.

Now the real question, was writing this more for the board or more for me? (Answer: Entirely for me and my tenuous mental stability).

Here's hoping we all hear something soon.

I am sure the Princeton notifications are fake. Maybe we should just stop reacting to the results page. Taking it as seriously as we have done will only lead to more and more bluffs. There is obviously someone who gets pleasure out of our terror. I think we shouldn't do him/her/them the favour.

best,

hooperhayley

Let me just add that the person admitted it after I almost suffered a heart attack and he/she was starting to feel guilty as a result. (Slightly depressing that I know the entire thread, but hey... )

So I think there are two strategies available to us:

1) dont react at all

2) react in a way that warrants the suspicion that a medical emergency is right around the corner biggrin.gif

On a somewhat unrelated note, has anyone else noticed how many of the daily top 20 posters are from the Politics board?? http://forum.thegrad...s&section=stats

Hahaha that is slightly worrying and also a little embarrassing.... biggrin.gif

Do you think our stressing out is disproportionate compared to other disciplines? I'd offer to have a look, but I worry that this will open a whole new set of time wasting opportunities. And yes, I'm at work right now.

Hahaha that is slightly worrying and also a little embarrassing.... biggrin.gif

Do you think our stressing out is disproportionate compared to other disciplines? I'd offer to have a look, but I worry that this will open a whole new set of time wasting opportunities. And yes, I'm at work right now.

I will take a look and report back. I am on a week's vacation between my old job and a new job and am going through blackberry withdrawal so I need something to do to avoid checking my work account every 5 minutes.

Well, I know for sure that the NYU result I posted is not fake :). Except of course, if the three e-mails they sent me so far were hoaxes :unsure: (now I am getting paranoid as well...). I sent them an e-mail (10 February) to ask if they had decided on all applications already, the answer was: "I cannot comment on the admission status of any other application except to say that our process is ongoing and all applicants will be notified when it is complete."

Don't really know how to interpret that - there still might be hope? Anyway, I keep my fingers crossed for you.

Do you mind sharing your profile ? I am longing to be admitted to NYU, so I am curious about your background, and maybe I can find out my chance to NYU. (probably knowing how far I am from NYU :P)

Anthropologists seem kind of neurotic too, but they only have 6 pages of their 2010 admissions thread.

Economists don't even have a thread but topics seem to focus on them calculating their odds of acceptance.

History is as neurotic as we are.

Anthropologists seem kind of neurotic too, but they only have 6 pages of their 2010 admissions thread.

Economists don't even have a thread but topics seem to focus on them calculating their odds of acceptance.

History is as neurotic as we are.

Hahaha that's amazing.. you actually had a look biggrin.gif

Office hours on the East Coast start soon... Please... give me some news. Not another weekend of silence...

Economists don't really have a thread here because they're all on the testmagic forum. Over there, they are just as neurotic as we are smile.gif

Oh really? Is there a pol sci thread too? Now that's certainly something worth exploring... wink.gif