Fall 2010 Admission Results

Same here! Also off topic- for those of you will Gmail what do you think of Buzz? I'm a little wary still, but it is another distraction from the constant waiting!

I'm not too sure about buzz, it looks like what I imagine twitter looks like (although I haven't ever used twitter so maybe I'm off base). I think google wave is pretty cool though!

I'm not too sure about buzz, it looks like what I imagine twitter looks like (although I haven't ever used twitter so maybe I'm off base). I think google wave is pretty cool though!

Yeah it is kinda like twitter except people can reply to your message directly. I haven't used wave yet, will have to check that out!

Same here! Also off topic- for those of you will Gmail what do you think of Buzz? I'm a little wary still, but it is another distraction from the constant waiting!

I'm a theorist. I don't do new technology ;).

Yup, got the same email. Given that my informal acceptance was pretty formal, as I'm assuming everyone else's was (letterhead, etc.), I'm pretty sure it is just an administrative disconnect.

Anyone think more Berkeley acceptances will be coming? Anyone in comparatives/public policy get anything back yet?

Also, anyone here apply to Princeton's joint degree in politics and social policy? Heard anything. All I see are rejections. Is this good/bad?

Interesting - I've been rejected from both my worst fit (duke) and my by far best fit (Chicago, presumably) and accepted to a near-best fit school (northwestern). I suppose I wasn't invited to join Chicago because of a lack of qualifications - just goes to show you need both a good fit and the qualifications to make you an attractive candidate!

And, yes, Austin is a really, really great city - you all should be really excited!

P.S. I received the note from chicago twice - once for polisci andonce for the committee on social thought. So it's not just the polisci department being strange, but the social science division sending out a generic "please be patient" note to all applicants (there must be thousands...)

I seem to be getting rejections from all of my worst fit schools first. :P I'm totally fine with that if it means there's some good news coming my way from Yale/Chicago/Washington/Cornell!

This is what's happening to me as well. If I get good news from my top choice I'm going to cry I'll be so happy

Is there anything to be said for the University of Notre Dame?

You mean when we will hear from them? I thought their university deadline (not their prefered department deadline) was the first of February, so I would guess they are not ready yet...

Also, I think there are certainly thousands of applicants to the Social Sciences Division, since apparently the Political Science program alone received over 400 applications.

only 400? That makes my presumed rejection even more painful! I was expecting to have lost out to more competition. Oh well...