Fall 2010 Admission Results

any word on why Chicago's keeping many of us in the dark?

Chicago is still deciding on who to accept to their MA programs. If you haven't heard from them yet, you've been rejected from the PhD program.

Chicago is still deciding on who to accept to their MA programs. If you haven't heard from them yet, you've been rejected from the PhD program.

Fair enough - no surprise. Still, there hasn't been much talk here about JHU's timetable. And what about the New School? Although if the signatures on this forum are any indication, there didn't seem to be many who applied there.

Edited by Trochs

Has anyone heard back from UCSD's IR/PS PhD program? I just called the office and a lady told me they would be notifying in 2-4 weeks! Has anyone heard otherwise? Don't they know that's when most schools ask for decisions.. lol

MIT said they would notify the rest of their applicants about a decision today (by email if I remember correctly), but I haven't heard anything yet. Has anyone gotten an email?

Yep. Received the email and sadly the concomitant rejection.

Fair enough - no surprise. Still, there hasn't been much talk here about JHU's timetable. And what about the New School? Although if the signatures on this forum are any indication, there didn't seem to be many who applied there.

Hey, I too have been happily observing the lack of discussion of the NSSR. I got a survey from their admissions chair which included a note that said that a round of decisions would go out 3/10 with more to follow. I applied MA, so I'm not sure if that applies to everyone or not.

Hey Everyone,

I just opened my inbox to find a rejection (or a direction to an online rejection) from MIT, as well as an acceptance (!) to UCLA for American Politics. So for anyone still waiting on UCLA, keep hope alive!

-D

Just finished sending out e-mails to withdraw my acceptances at the places listed in my signature. I hate that part of the process, as I had some very good conversations with people at those places. In the end, however, I knew it was more important to be fair to anxious borderline/wait list applicants than to be "nice". Good to get that done. Now on to the visits!

Has anyone heard back from UCSD's IR/PS PhD program? I just called the office and a lady told me they would be notifying in 2-4 weeks! Has anyone heard otherwise? Don't they know that's when most schools ask for decisions.. lol

I lost my interest in the program due to timing. I do IPE, so the program is actually a really good fit for me. But, I don't think I am going to wait any longer before I commit. Once I hear back from Princeton WWS, I will make my decision regardless of my chance of getting admitted at UCSD.

Hey Everyone,

I just opened my inbox to find a rejection (or a direction to an online rejection) from MIT, as well as an acceptance (!) to UCLA for American Politics. So for anyone still waiting on UCLA, keep hope alive!

-D

Congrats! Did UCLA offer you any funding?