Chances of Acceptance

Jessie54

Question

Hi everyone!

Like most of you, I have recently finished applications for SLP Master's Programs and am minorly (majorly) freaking out! I don't have many friends who are in SLP grad school, so I'm pretty much in the dark about what my chances of acceptance are. I was hoping to post my stats and get some feedback from you all. :) My BA is in Linguistics from UCSD, and my Post-Bacc is in Communication Disorders from CSUSM. I have applied to CSUSM, CBU, SJSU, CSULA, CSUF, Chapman University and the University of Redlands. Also, I am 22 years old (Don't know if that is relevant!)

Cumulative GPA:3.65

Major GPA; 3.79

VR: 160

QR: 146

AW: 4.5

Experience: I completed a six month internship with a school-based SLP, and have been working as a Registered Behavior Technician with non-verbal children with Autism since May 2016. 

I would appreciate any and all feedback! Please be brutally honest :) 

1 answer to this question

Since you are applying to Master's programs (and given that you have applied to a wide number of schools), I think you'll get an offer somewhere. Your GPA, GRE scores, and experience are all wonderful, and will contribute towards a stronger application.