Applying for Fall 2017

PhDavid

3 hours ago, unitstructures said:

Has anyone heard anything from NYU musicology?

It feels as if I'm in the last leg of this whole process. My patience is beginning to stale. 

Is it you who got waitlisted at Duke?

has anyboy heard from UCs after Berkeley? UC Davis, UCSD, UCLA, UCSC? Well I saw someone posted his or her result of UCSC at the result section but only that and no more. And of USC?

Being an international, perhaps I stand the least chance above all the other applicants this term... I have ten more schools to hear about but seems like the worst nightmare is about to reveal itself.

Edited by tammtam

11 hours ago, tammtam said:

has anyboy heard from UCs after Berkeley? UC Davis, UCSD, UCLA, UCSC? Well I saw someone posted his or her result of UCSC at the result section but only that and no more. And of USC?

Being an international, perhaps I stand the least chance above all the other applicants this term... I have ten more schools to hear about but seems like the worst nightmare is about to reveal itself.

UCLA has already contacted/brought out their musicology finalists though I don't believe they've made any decisions yet--I haven't heard anything either way regarding the other UCs. It is likely that USC has already reached out to their top applicant; they will probably only take one musicology student (that has been the trend in recent years) and therefore will work their way down their list if their top candidate chooses to go elsewhere...so you can't really count them out at this point.

Best of luck to all of you this application season! 

On 2/25/2017 at 5:38 PM, InTheory said:

UCSC admits are out.

Good look everyone!

On 2/25/2017 at 9:16 PM, Wolfymozy said:

How did you learn that UCSC results are out? Im waiting to hear from them. Did they tell you anything about funding? 

If you look at the past history of any school on the results search page, you'll find that within a given year, most schools send out both acceptances and rejections on multiple different dates. So these "admits are out" kinds of posts you see around here basically mean "I received my decision." Don't despair!

The schools I'm now waiting on seem to pass out decisions throughout the second and third week of March, so I have some time off from the suspense, although I guess it's still there.

Has anyone heard from the Center for Ethnomusicology at Columbia?

So far I've heard back from Berkeley (accepted), CUNY (accepted), and Chicago (rejected, recommended to masters program). 

Good luck, everybody!

On February 26, 2017 at 0:16 AM, Wolfymozy said:

I'm attending elsewhere--just passing on information that I have learned to help folks out. 

In my experience, results at most schools are delivered in one of two ways: (1) acceptances go out first, wait lists and rejections go out later and simultaneously, or (2) acceptances and wait lists go out together, followed by rejection about a month later.

What's up with Umich theory? I see a waitlist posted but nothing else. Seems odd..... Especially in light of this:

13 minutes ago, InTheory said:

In my experience, results at most schools are delivered in one of two ways: (1) acceptances go out first, wait lists and rejections go out later and simultaneously, or (2) acceptances and wait lists go out together, followed by rejection about a month later.

On 2/25/2017 at 11:16 AM, It's Me said:

UCLA has already contacted/brought out their musicology finalists though I don't believe they've made any decisions yet

Thanks - do you know if all finalists at UCLA have been asked to interview? 

Best,

RSD

Hello,

Has anyone heard from UC San Diego? I had an interview with them at the end of January (for Integrative Studies) but am still waiting for a result! Besides that I've been rejected from Berkeley and NYU (today) and accepted to Santa Cruz last week. (All of these for a PhD)

Any details on UC San Diego and UCLA Musicology would be much appreciated :)

RSD

On 2/25/2017 at 9:16 PM, Wolfymozy said:

Hey Wolfymozy -
In case this helps, I received an acceptance from UC Santa Cruz last week - February 23. They didn't offer me any funding details and said funding details would be coming in the next few weeks. I'm definitely wary because they are the one school I applied to that seemed to not necessarily guarantee funding! I applied for a Music PhD. I will let you know if they provide me with further details. 

RSD

On February 24, 2017 at 0:45 PM, Musica said:

I haven't seen anyone post acceptances for Columbia yet, but I'd expect stuff in the next two or so weeks

Columbia acceptances and wait lists are out. Rejections will go out in mid-March.

13 minutes ago, InTheory said:

Columbia acceptances and wait lists are out. Rejections will go out in mid-March.

Does this include Ethno?