CSULB Fall 2017 Acceptance Time

MSW7

Hello Everyone. 

I turned in my application today for the MSW program at CSULB. 

I was wondering if anyone turned in their application early and has been accepted already. I read that Long Beach has rolling acceptance. How long did it take for them to give you an answer?

Thanks and and best wishes to everyone. 

Hey! I submitted my application on November 16th and still nothing... but i'm trying to just tell myself it's due to timing and them having a few breaks due to the holidays. if anyone can chime in to lessen my anxiety, that'd be great. 

• 3 weeks later...

Hi! I submitted my application on December 16th, however I'm getting a bit worried since I have not received my confirmation email. I know several people who have received it within a week. I tried calling but she said they are backed up so it may take up to 8 weeks. Just wondering what exactly does the email entail and how long did it take to receive it? Good luck to everyone! 

*also I hand delivered the packet to make sure they received and stamped it

Edited by Winchester67

Oh sorry and I was also wondering what program did everyone apply for? The woman on the phone today tried to tell me it's from a combination of factors and that they are still doing December, but it also goes by program. Which makes me more worried because I know people who turned it in after me for the same program year and received the confirmation email. I thought it was in order of submission date :/

Below is the only email I have received from them, I feel like they are all over the place! 

"I am writing to inform you that we have forwarded your application to the graduate department of your intended major for a final review. Departments generally review applications after the program application deadline and make decisions within 4 to 6 weeks after the deadline date."

@Skyylr Yes it's really nerve racking. I received an email worded exactly like that however it was before I submitted my application so I assumed it was for when we had to sign up for CSU mentor. I really don't know anymore I can't receive any information from the department until I wait the 8 weeks unfortunately. 

@rmeza Oh darn now I'm really anxious :/ I made sure numerous times to go through the checklist before submitting even had my family member review with me. I tried calling twice already and I've only received the same answer as previously mentioned in my last post :( they won't look into it till I wait the 8 weeks. I just would feel more comfortable and some relief if I knew they had it in the system and are reviewing it. Though she did say they were still going through December there is a small glimmer of hope.....

On 1/4/2017 at 11:12 PM, MSW7 said:

Hello Everyone. 

I turned in my application today for the MSW program at CSULB. 

I was wondering if anyone turned in their application early and has been accepted already. I read that Long Beach has rolling acceptance. How long did it take for them to give you an answer?

Thanks and and best wishes to everyone. 

I turned mine in on October 12th and received an acceptance on November 16th.

• 2 weeks later...

Hello All-

I applied to the MSW at CSULB. I turned in my general application for the graduate school in early January, and then turned in the the MSW application on the deadline day January 17th. I called yesterday and was told that they got 1,200 applications (for both the two year and three year) not sure if this includes the advanced standing students. They take 100 for 2 year, 100 for 3 year. That calculate to about a 16% acceptance rate. Its been exactly a month since I applied so I am anxiously awaiting a response. The person I spoke with told me that review applications by the date they are turned in. Since they have rolling acceptance, I am wondering if anyone has any info on how many people they accept prior to the deadline. Is the program full by December? How many people here applied October-December and have heard back yet? Any info is greatly appreciated! Hope I helped with the information I have. I would love to know what the probability is that I will get in since I applied so late. I am getting so anxious! Also does anyone know if they wait list people or how many people are called in for interviews.

Thanks and good luck to everyone!

Hello all,

I just received a call this morning from the Director of the program offering me admission in the Advanced Standing program. The concentration for Adult and Aging. This was not my first choice but my second. The director told me that all the spaces for the Children and Families concentration had been taken up (this was my 1st choice, but only due to stipend reasons). Also, my 3 choices were all for the advanced standing programs. I also applied at CSULA and Azusa Pacific. I did an interview process for CSULA's advanced standing program last week. They told me they would get back to me in 2 weeks. But my top choice was CSULB. I heard that CSULB has rolling admissions. I was extremely worried due to the fact that I turned in my application on the last day. I know procrastinator until the end, no pun intended, hehehe. I also received an email from admissions on 1/26 saying that my application had been forwarded to the school of sw for a final review. On 2/1, I received an email from the SW department stating that my application had been received by them. These are the only 2 emails I received, until today. After the phone call, I received an email stating that I had to attend orientation on March 11th. So for all those out there still waiting, best of luck!

hey everyone,

I too am waiting anxiously for any word from Long Beach. I literally applied days before the deadline, i think Jan. 12, so I'm sure I'll be hearing way later in the next few months.

I keep checking the check my application status link and it keeps saying that my app was sent to the program for review. I called this morning to see if there was any way to know time frame wise when I would hear anything and I got the same response of 8 weeks after I applied. That would be next week though and I've heard people getting responses way later than that, but lets hope.

The only other school I applied to is Azusa Pacific and I got accepted last week. My issue is that they are only giving me until March 10th to accept. I don't mind accepting their offer, but CSULB is my first choice so it's disheartening to think I may not know until July when I would be halfway done with preparing for Azusa. 

15 hours ago, ChrisMSW109 said:

Hello Everyone,

I was accepted to the 2-year MSW program at CSULB today!  My application was submitted 11/23.  I am absolutely elated!

Hi @ChrisMSW109

Congrats!!!

I turned in my application a few days later (around Nov 28th) and was wondering if you remember when you received the email that the CSULB MSW department had received and started reviewing your application? Also, would you mind posting your stats? 

7 hours ago, chasingmydreams09 said:

Hi @ChrisMSW109

Congrats!!!

I turned in my application a few days later (around Nov 28th) and was wondering if you remember when you received the email that the CSULB MSW department had received and started reviewing your application? Also, would you mind posting your stats? 

@chasingmydreams09 Thank you!  Here are the dates after looking over my notes, I submitted my application to the department 11/21 and received the confirmation of submission email 11/23.

As far as stats, I graduated from CSUF last year with a bachelors in English and a 3.01 cumulative GPA.

I applied to last year's admission cycle as an undergrad, so I am very blessed to have been accepted this time around.  My social work activities include: after-school mentoring for a non-profit program, volunteering at a V.A. hospital, and philanthropy work for a children's hospital. 

Last year, I only applied to CSULB and although the rejection letter stung, I didn't lose sight of my goal. This admission cycle, I applied to three schools (CSULB, CSUDH, CSUF) and so far I have been accepted by two of the three schools.  From what I've been told by the program coordinator, CSUF will be contacting applicants this month to interview.  Any other questions, please feel free to ask.

13 hours ago, ChrisMSW109 said:

@chasingmydreams09 Thank you!  Here are the dates after looking over my notes, I submitted my application to the department 11/21 and received the confirmation of submission email 11/23.

As far as stats, I graduated from CSUF last year with a bachelors in English and a 3.01 cumulative GPA.

I applied to last year's admission cycle as an undergrad, so I am very blessed to have been accepted this time around.  My social work activities include: after-school mentoring for a non-profit program, volunteering at a V.A. hospital, and philanthropy work for a children's hospital. 

Last year, I only applied to CSULB and although the rejection letter stung, I didn't lose sight of my goal. This admission cycle, I applied to three schools (CSULB, CSUDH, CSUF) and so far I have been accepted by two of the three schools.  From what I've been told by the program coordinator, CSUF will be contacting applicants this month to interview.  Any other questions, please feel free to ask.

Thank you so much @ChrisMSW109... that was very helpful and detailed!

I hope to hear back soon and be accepted into the CSULB Fall '17 MSW cohort as well! Congrats again :)

• 2 weeks later...