USC Price 2017

coffeebean13

LA native here with an input on the driving situation. 

As mentioned before, Culver City/Santa Monica are convenient places to live if you don't have a car. I would also recommend Little Tokyo and Silverlake area. The Metro is also expanding into SF Valley so if you're really in a budget, that's a good option. I also know people who live farther out in El Sereno and use public transport into DTLA everyday. 

My immediate answer is yes. The letter on the online portal just said I was admitted. I then received a packet (same day as when I received the notification that my status had changed) which had an additional letter explaining my fellowship. If you received your packet and did not get a letter outlining any fellowship/scholarship given, then I would assume you did not get anything. Of course, emailing the contact given would be the best way to be 100% certain. They usually respond pretty quickly. Best of luck!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Can I ask that people who attend put a quick write up or send me a PM with your thoughts? I can only attend the normal admitted students day unfortunately and I don't want to miss any information for the dean's merit scholars. I am deciding between Fletcher, GT, SIPA, SAIS, and USC.  

For those who got the 50%/100% full tuition scholarship, congratulations!!  

I wanted to ask what is your profile to get that type of scholarship?  Did you have a high GPA and also alot of work experience?   Or is the evaluation different for each candidate (ie: low GPA, but a wealth of good work experience)?

Thanks and congrats again!