World Bank Scholarship Applicants - 2017

paxi

Same with you Murtaza. Please let us update each other. We will very appreciate if you would share the updates.

Edited by J Huss

I am from Pakistan. Still waiting but I am also worried as I had not received any semifinalist email in the past. But had submitted my offer letter with the application. 

One of my friends from Bangladesh turned out to be lucky as he received email from JJ/WBGSP secretariat informing him that he got scholarship and will be studying at University of Leeds.

so people are already receiving the emails. do they come in batches or we should now assume that we did not get the scholarship 

1 hour ago, Umrani said:

One of my friends from Bangladesh turned out to be lucky as he received email from JJ/WBGSP secretariat informing him that he got scholarship and will be studying at University of Leeds.

When did he receive the message so that we can know when the notification Started. Thanks! 

2 hours ago, Umrani said:

when did he get the email? on which date? does he know abt anyone else who got it? pls inform.

Hello everybody, I saw this on the JJWBGS website now as announcements "The 2017 Call for Scholarship Applications for JJWBGSP preferred master degree programs is closed. All applicants receiving scholarships have been informed" 

So, I am using this medium to congratulate all the successful applicants. May Allaah bless it for you all. Finally we should not seize to keep trying for whatever may benefit us. 

Regards...

If you go to the worldbank website, you will see an announcement saying all those receiving scholarships have been notified. i did not get an email so it means I did not make it.......next time i will apply for an educational loan instead. those are easy to get and do not have conditions of having to go back to your country after attached to them

Announcements

• JJ/WBGSP:
  • The 2017 Call for Scholarship Applications for JJWBGSP preferred master degree programs is closed. All applicants receiving scholarships have been informed.

15 hours ago, Baturay said:

Hello everybody, I saw this on the JJWBGS website now as announcements "The 2017 Call for Scholarship Applications for JJWBGSP preferred master degree programs is closed. All applicants receiving scholarships have been informed" 

So, I am using this medium to congratulate all the successful applicants. May Allaah bless it for you all. Finally we should not seize to keep trying for whatever may benefit us. 

Regards...

Guy, no be small thing..... It's all good.... Pretty sure they will send out reject mails soon.

Wow!!! I did not receive the email as well so that ultimately mean that I was not selected yuk! Congrats to all who made it to the final selection. Do not be surprised about the outcome, its World Bank (decisions are made by humans and they are bound to make mistakes at times)  so whatever outcome you receive  should not deter you from trying better options elsewhere. Never give up! 

Edited by Tinaye

Hazyn you can defer your admission and reapply again the next year, or apply other scholarship schemes. Please, never give up. This is not meant by the end of your destination, I believe that something better is waiting for you and you shouldn't forsake it.

• 2 weeks later...

Guys I know some of you might have lost hope of studying in the US. For those international students who would want to borrow without a US co-signor to finance their studies, kindly drop me a message and I will direct you to a reliable loan provider for International students. Finances are only available for US Universities. 

Thank you. 

• 10 months later...

Anyone applied for JJ/WBGSP this year. I applied for MSc in Global Health Policy and Management at Heller School for  Social Policy and management. This is the second year I applied for this scholarship. Hopefully, the results are released soon :)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...