Playwriting MFAs

dampka

I heard back from asu so I know they got my email declining their offer. I am so happy about smith but I still felt bad saying no. I hope someone on here gets in!

I am waiting to find out who the rest of my cohort is going to be! Waitin is hard guys

I'm a Juilliard reject as of today. :)

Still nothing from Iowa. 

Starsandsound, it would be amazing if I got your spot! Haha Wish you could specify, "hey, I want my spot filled by a specific person."

How's everyone else?

After sending an email to Iowa for a status update, I got a reply last night saying that decisions had just been made, and that I wasn't accepted.  Very pleasant, well wishing note.  Relieved to finally know... was getting a bit crazy about that one. 

Just got an email from Kathleen Tolan:

"I'm Head of the MFA in Playwriting at Rutgers, and Naomi Iizuka recommended you to me for our program.

I've been the Interim Head for a couple of years and was only just confirmed as Head, so we're a bit late in the process of reviewing applications.

We have two wonderful playwrights who have just finished their first year, and I'm very excited about the program.

If you haven't made other plans for the fall and are interested in applying, please let me know."

I've already accepted the offer to extend my internship at the professional theater I've been at this year, which means they've notified the other candidates, but I also haven't signed anything formal. I kind of want to wait another year and hopefully get into UCSD, but I've heard really good things about Rutgers - they were very nearly on my list. Is it worth just applying and seeing how it goes? It's kind of crazy because I've already completely come to terms with not going to grad school this year...

There was someone on the forum awhile back whose name escapes me- but they almost got into Yale and didn't, but genie recommended them for Rutgers program I think. It's a new program, but Kathleen tolan is supposed to be amazing.