Who's not really liking the way the resutls search is set up?

TMP

AHHH!!! I'm almost on the verge of being neurotic. Every time I see a new listing under "History" keyword, I get eager and then when I see "Art History" for program, I just want to smack the table.

When I type in "history" I mean HISTORY, not ART HISTORY.

Who's with me? :angry:

This was driving me crazy, until I realized you could narrow the search. I searched under this:

history -art -religion -music (yale|"chapel hill")

It only gave me real history results for my two schools. Then I bookmarked it, so I can go there first. Of course, it isn't very satisfying because there are few posts under that search, so I've removed the schools, and now I get all history results.

This was driving me crazy, until I realized you could narrow the search. I searched under this:

history -art -religion -music (yale|"chapel hill")

It only gave me real history results for my two schools. Then I bookmarked it, so I can go there first. Of course, it isn't very satisfying because there are few posts under that search, so I've removed the schools, and now I get all history results.

Duh, guess I should have "hovered for explanation" on the results page :D

Edited by LaurenA

AHHH!!! I'm almost on the verge of being neurotic. Every time I see a new listing under "History" keyword, I get eager and then when I see "Art History" for program, I just want to smack the table.

When I type in "history" I mean HISTORY, not ART HISTORY.

Who's with me? :angry:

Wow, that must have been really difficult to wade through all three Art History results on the first page alone! (Only five AH results- total- in January)

Everyone is waiting, everyone is neurotic. How do you think I feel having to type in a whole extra word to narrow the results?!

It is unfair that art historians have co-opted your title in their discipline, I mean, it's not like it's based on historical inquiry or anything...oh wait...

Wow, that must have been really difficult to wade through all three Art History results on the first page alone! (Only five AH results- total- in January)

Everyone is waiting, everyone is neurotic. How do you think I feel having to type in a whole extra word to narrow the results?!

It is unfair that art historians have co-opted your title in their discipline, I mean, it's not like it's based on historical inquiry or anything...oh wait...

Watersnake, thanks for giving me my chuckle for the day. :) Now go back to the art history forum where the crickets are chirping and the people who actually have results have been tight-lipped about it.

Watersnake, thanks for giving me my chuckle for the day. :) Now go back to the art history forum where the crickets are chirping and the people who actually have results have been tight-lipped about it.

No problem, jmb04, consider me officially relegated to forum of reticence. ;)

Too bad it wasn't you who heard from Northwestern- based on your concentration I can imagine why you applied there! Good luck!

Actually, I do like the idea of a drop down menu and a keyword search for the school(s). I should suggest that... but then again there are programs out there with weird names like Harvard's MA program in technology, education, and something else... program.

No, really, I'm a fan of AH stuff but it's the damn keyword search function!