Education PhD 2010 Acceptances/Declines

b_bstevie

I think it would be nice for us Education PhD applicants to list here the schools we have begun to here back from. I've grown somewhat tired of scouring the results page as well as the other topics trying to find signs that my programs have started to contact applicants. So, let's help each other out. Which Ed programs have you heard from so far?

My field is International/Comparative Education. Of my schools--Stanford, Vanderbilt, Columbia, Minnesota, Maryland, Penn State, Wisconsin, and UCLA--I have only heard from UCLA (accepted).

I have seen signs that Vanderbilt is starting to contact applicants, but other than that the activity has been pretty dead.

What has everyone else started to hear, if anything, from their Education PhD programs?

I think it would be nice for us Education PhD applicants to list here the schools we have begun to here back from. I've grown somewhat tired of scouring the results page as well as the other topics trying to find signs that my programs have started to contact applicants. So, let's help each other out. Which Ed programs have you heard from so far?

My field is International/Comparative Education. Of my schools--Stanford, Vanderbilt, Columbia, Minnesota, Maryland, Penn State, Wisconsin, and UCLA--I have only heard from UCLA (accepted).

I have seen signs that Vanderbilt is starting to contact applicants, but other than that the activity has been pretty dead.

What has everyone else started to hear, if anything, from their Education PhD programs?

Can we move this to the education sub-section?

I applied to the CITE doctoral program at Michigan State. Received an unofficial acceptance and had the "interests" conversation with temporary advisor on Jan 6th. He called the following night saying I received a teaching assistantship and was up for a university wide diversity fellowship. The official acceptance came on Jan 22nd. My campus visit is scheduled for Feb 15th-17th.

Edited by queermedieval

Hey all. I've applied to Stanford, Harvard and Penn. Penn interview invitations have gone out already - (weekend of 2/5-2/7) Some folks were talking about it in another post. I'm interviewing at Penn but still waiting on Harvard and Stanford. My areas of focus are Child and Adolescent Development.

I applied to schools of education offering programs in the philosophy of education, social & cultural foundations, or similar. The final list was: Harvard, Stanford, Columbia, Penn, Ohio State, Michigan-Ann Arbor, Illinois Urbana-Champaign, University of Washington, Wisconsin-Madison, & UNC-Chapel Hill.

I was accepted to the philosophy of education program at Ohio State with a nomination for a fellowship.

I was invited to, and will be attending, the expenses paid "PhD applicants' weekend" at Penn next weekend.

Most recently, I was accepted to educational policy studies at University of Wisonsin - Madison (status change online, & received letter via USPS). No funding though.

I'm applying to Ed Psych at Wisconsin, U of Illinois, Harvard, Stanford, and Northwestern.

Accepted at U of I on 1/22. Phone interview with Wisc on 1/4 followed by visitation on 1/29. Waiting to hear from everybody else, but I'll be very happy if I only get accepted at U of I. They have some really interesting research going on!

Accepted by the University of Minnesota's Comparative/International Education program. Saw change in status online. It didn't say anything about funding. Does that mean I didn't get any or that I will hear from the department later on about possible funding?

Just want to make sure it doesn't mean anything. Everybody here applying to Stanford got their admission results update email--saying results for PhD will be out by Feb 17. Reading tea leaves I know.

Yep, I got the Stanford email, and two people posted it on the results page. There was no indication that it was sent to a special group - it did scare then confuse then annoy me, though!

I applied to Ed Psych at Stanford. No interview or any other communication besides that email about Feb 17. Truthfully I don't care one way or the other, though, because I've already ruled it out. I don't think I can deal with not having real weather and being so far from my family.

I applied to Ed Psych at Stanford. No interview or any other communication besides that email about Feb 17. Truthfully I don't care one way or the other, though, because I've already ruled it out. I don't think I can deal with not having real weather and being so far from my family.

Where else did you apply to? I am already in a PhD program in a public university but am hoping to be able to transfer to the west coast. So either way it will work out...stay at my current location or move to CA.

I've also applied to different disciplines depending on the school, but I have heard back positively from education schools at UCLA, UC Berkeley and UC Irvine. Don't know funding at any yet.

I am still waiting on Harvard, Stanford and Northwestern.

I've also applied to different disciplines depending on the school, but I have heard back positively from education schools at UCLA, UC Berkeley and UC Irvine. Don't know funding at any yet.

I am still waiting on Harvard, Stanford and Northwestern.

Hi Xamurai,

I see that you have been admitted to UCLA for the PhD in Education? Which emphasis are you? I was admitted to HEOC. Wanting to see who else might be out there. I also am waiting to receive information on funding.

Hi Xamurai,

I see that you have been admitted to UCLA for the PhD in Education? Which emphasis are you? I was admitted to HEOC. Wanting to see who else might be out there. I also am waiting to receive information on funding.

I was admitted to PSE. Have you received anything formal? I received an email from the professor letting me know the good news. Do you know if there is an Open House or Recruitment weekend?

I was admitted to PSE. Have you received anything formal? I received an email from the professor letting me know the good news. Do you know if there is an Open House or Recruitment weekend?

I havent received anything formal yet- just a call/email from my professor. I guess they are going to have an event in March where they will invite all of the admitted students. Although I am already admitted, I am still dying to receive my letter in the mail... I guess I just want to see it all in front of me.