Education PhD 2010 Acceptances/Declines

b_bstevie

Anyone hear from UCLA SSCE about acceptance 2010 PHD?

Thanks@

I got a call from Val Rust from SSCE a few weeks ago. He informed me of my acceptance and said that 10 students total had been accepted for the 2010 PhD. I don't know if they contacted everyone by phone--he said that official letters would go out towards the end of February. I had been in contact with him before applying, so I don't know if he called me simply for this reason or if they contacted all accepted students at the same time.

For those admitted to UCLA GSE&IS, I just learned that the Prospective Doctoral Students' Day is March 15th so save the date! I don't think anything formal has gone out yet; my potential advisor forwarded me an email because I asked her about it.

Chicklet.

You had asked which UC I was at...I didn't want to post on the board as I want to maintain some semblance of anonymity - tried to PM you, but it says you can't receive PMs.

Chicklet.

You had asked which UC I was at...I didn't want to post on the board as I want to maintain some semblance of anonymity - tried to PM you, but it says you can't receive PMs.

t-ruth,

did not realize my PM was disabled. Have enabled it. I am interested to know what your experiences are so far at the UC.

Edited by chicklet

I got a call from Val Rust from SSCE a few weeks ago. He informed me of my acceptance and said that 10 students total had been accepted for the 2010 PhD. I don't know if they contacted everyone by phone--he said that official letters would go out towards the end of February. I had been in contact with him before applying, so I don't know if he called me simply for this reason or if they contacted all accepted students at the same time.

Thank you so much for letting me know! Haven't heard about any others yet. Nervous!

Just got a letter from the admissions director at Penn GSE letting me know I was waitlisted. I suppose that's better than a rejection!

I applied to the policy program. I left applicant weekend impressed with GSE's hospitality, but unsure whether the program was the best fit. I felt I could do good work there, and felt a particularly good connection with two of the faculty there, but definitely didn't get a sense of full support of my research interests.

Thankfully, my top choice came through last week with an offer to a program which couldn't be a better fit, is more convenient for my life, better aligns with the approach I want to take to my research and my field. Plus that have given me a warm welcome indeed.

So my feelings aren't too hurt, and hey, maybe an offer will come through in the end. Congratulations to those who made it, good luck to those in my situation.

It's nice when bad news is closely followed by the good. Came home to an acceptance letter from Oxford for their DPhil programme!

Congratulations. BTW did you receive an email from Teachers College to apply for The Arthur Zankel Urban Fellowship?

Edited by chicklet

I was also rejected by Penn yesterday, with a 2 sentence letter. I saw it coming when I never got an invite to the recruiting/interview weekend. It was my last choice so not terribly disappointed. But I have a feeling by the end of next week I may be in a seriously down mood.

I was also rejected by Penn yesterday, with a 2 sentence letter. I saw it coming when I never got an invite to the recruiting/interview weekend. It was my last choice so not terribly disappointed. But I have a feeling by the end of next week I may be in a seriously down mood.

So much for NYU. Hope you have better luck than me.