WWS MPA 2017

22 minutes ago, Poli92 said:

@coffeebean13 @Palolem Have either of your portals changed? 

Portal has not changed for me. Just received an email from Melissa Lyles saying I was accepted. Another email from the Dean and financial aid package will be sent out in the next few days...There's also a link to a google forum where you can connect with other admits. 

It seems a bit crazy, but given the size of the program, they may be sending them out one by one.. 

Edited by coffeebean13

4 minutes ago, Palolem said:

Hey, portal hasn't changed. Official email from the university is pending it says - so I'm guessing it'll change then. 

3 minutes ago, coffeebean13 said:

Portal has not changed for me. Just received an email from Melissa Lyles saying I was accepted. Another email from the Dean and financial aid package will be sent out in the next few days...There's also a link to a google forum where you can connect with other admits. 

It seems a bit crazy, but given the size of the program, they may be sending them out one by one.. 

Good to know! Congrats to you both!!

35 minutes ago, Nozistin said:

Also in! (MPA) Thanks ya'll. Now time for hard choices.

@Nozistin

Did you receive your email at the same time as other folks in this forum, around 9am EST - or did you get an email later in the day today?

Since the person who put in the accepted in the results last night was MPP, it could be that MPP was last night, MPA this morning and we others are rejects. So, also curious about the timing of @nozistin email.

Just received it.

Rejected at HKS and WWS, which were my first choices, and accepted at Harris and GSPP, which are my secondary ones.

Considering that I only have one and a half years of work experience, I don't know what to do now. Any thoughts?

3 minutes ago, encal said:

Just received it.

Rejected at HKS and WWS, which were my first choices, and accepted at Harris and GSPP, which are my secondary ones.

Considering that I only have one and a half years of work experience, I don't know what to do now. Any thoughts?

do you definetly want to go to school this year and are you happy with GSPP and Harris (both great schools btw congrats!). If not then you could wait an extra year or two and reapply, WWS clearly states that it prefers applicants with at least two years of public sector experiences, if you don't have that it will hurt your app. HKS also prefers more experience. Post the rest of your stats

4 minutes ago, Ella16 said:

do you definetly want to go to school this year and are you happy with GSPP and Harris (both great schools btw congrats!). If not then you could wait an extra year or two and reapply, WWS clearly states that it prefers applicants with at least two years of public sector experiences, if you don't have that it will hurt your app. HKS also prefers more experience. Post the rest of your stats

I guess my profile has ups and downs. I have a lot of international experience, especially for my age (worked and studied in 5 countries), GPA 3.85 in sociology, GRE 168Q/164V/4.5, perfectly fluent in 4 languages, very proactive (self-taught STATA that I now use for work, self-taught econs and econometrics and got top grades in exams I did for university credit).

I worked 1 year in London for a non-profit in social integration (not particularly high profile role) and then was intern with Innovations with Poverty Action. I am now managing M&E in a microfinance org in Africa but they don't know that...

Hey all, new to this forum as I live in Australia. Just stumbled across it. I just got waitlisted from WWS for MPA. Anyone know the chances of coming off the waitlist?

Got accepted to HKS MC/MPA, but no emails re Fellowships which I presume means not successful...so that's very expensive!