1 minute ago, mxr123930 said:

Thank you so much! How did you feel about yours? Is SFA your top choice?

I felt great about mine. Although I was caught off guard by a couple questions, it went smoothly for the most part.

Currently, SFA is my top choice. I love their labs and their commitment to diversity and I like how they sold me on their classes when we discussed my professional goals.

What about you? How do you feel your interview went?

8 minutes ago, Chai Tea Latte said:

I felt great about mine. Although I was caught off guard by a couple questions, it went smoothly for the most part.

Currently, SFA is my top choice. I love their labs and their commitment to diversity and I like how they sold me on their classes when we discussed my professional goals.

What about you? How do you feel your interview went?

That's good that you were able to tackle those questions you weren't expecting! 

I would say SFA would be my top choice too! It seems like a welcoming and close-knit program! 

I feel my interview went well! Just nervous to see how everything turns out.

I think my interview went well overall. I was also very impressed by the clinic and how organized the process was. Not a fan of the writing prompt though lol. I felt like I was taking the GRE again. Anyways, a while back Whitney told me that they send out final decisions the Friday before Spring Break (this Friday). Do y'all know if this is still the case?

30 minutes ago, paceslp said:

I think my interview went well overall. I was also very impressed by the clinic and how organized the process was. Not a fan of the writing prompt though lol. I felt like I was taking the GRE again. Anyways, a while back Whitney told me that they send out final decisions the Friday before Spring Break (this Friday). Do y'all know if this is still the case?

I emailed her today and she told me that they will be sending offers on Friday! 

8 minutes ago, mxr123930 said:

I emailed her today and she told me that they will be sending offers on Friday! 

Good to know! Did she specify if this includes waitlists/rejections?

Not yet, SFA will likely be the first school I hear back from, so I am pretty nervous lol. I also applied to Lamar (interviewing this week) and UH. How about you? 

5 minutes ago, paceslp said:

Not yet, SFA will likely be the first school I hear back from, so I am pretty nervous lol. I also applied to Lamar (interviewing this week) and UH. How about you? 

Good luck with your interview! Which is your number one school? I applied to Texas State,SFA, and ACU.

2 minutes ago, mxr123930 said:

Good luck with your interview! Which is your number one school? I applied to Texas State,SFA, and ACU.

Thank you! Good luck with your schools too! Have you heard back from any? I'd be happy just to be accepted, but my top choice is UH because I am located in Houston and love the diverse prospects/bilingualism the city offers, but based off the SFA interview, it sounds like they are hoping to start building a more bilingual program with their new department chair. I am actually very curious to see how SFA makes their decisions because I have heard it past years that they tend to favor their own students, but it would be great if they are more diverse this year. :)

13 minutes ago, paceslp said:

Good Luck on your interview with Lamar! I'm still salty they didn't give me a chance

12 minutes ago, Chai Tea Latte said:

Good Luck on your interview with Lamar! I'm still salty they didn't give me a chance

Thank you! This whole process is a doozy, I feel like we are all equally competitive, but unfortunately there are so few spots :unsure: But hopefully we will all get good news from SFA on Friday!

Edited by paceslp