Bad field experience last term

Adelaide9216

Hello,

I had a horrible field placement last term in a hospital setting. My supervisor was not very supportive, I felt judged by her and her colleagues. I am in a new placement now, in a community org., but I realize that the first bad experience has shaken my trust in my ability to be a clinical social worker. I take a lot less initiatives even though I do have work experience in the field of social work prior to these field placements. 

I understand how you feel, I felt the same way during my last semester at undergraduate in 2015. I had a really bad field experience my supervisor look and treat horrible. It took me a year to finally realize that I can't let that horrible supervisor deter me from what I'm destined to become. Now that I've been working in a nonprofit organization almost 2 years now I learned that becoming a clinical social worker or social work period is what I really want to do, it's my passion. Don't let the bad experience deter or shake you up too much, just learn from it as much as you can. Know that you are great and getting better at what you want to become.