Lamar University - Fall 2017 admission

Hi!

Has anyone heard back from Lamar yet regarding their application status? This is for their graduate program in speech language pathology for Fall 2017 admission.

Good luck to everyone still waiting to hear back! I'm really hoping to hear from them soon.

Have not heard a thing, which is crazy because the April 15 deadline for many schools is approaching. I called to inquire my status and the program coordinator responded, "you need to just be patient" lol.... Not impressed. 

Edit: it looks like people in previous years found out after April 1. Hope that helps.

Edited by paceslp

On 3/25/2017 at 11:22 AM, paceslp said:

Have not heard a thing, which is crazy because the April 15 deadline for many schools is approaching. I called to inquire my status and the program coordinator responded, "you need to just be patient" lol.... Not impressed. 

Edit: it looks like people in previous years found out after April 1. Hope that helps.

Thanks for the response! I guess it's difficult for them to decide because they have a lot of qualified applicants and only so many seats available. Ahh, so much waiting, lol! Hopefully we'll hear from them soon.

On 3/26/2017 at 5:46 PM, glassesgirl said:

Thanks for the response! I guess it's difficult for them to decide because they have a lot of qualified applicants and only so many seats available. Ahh, so much waiting, lol! Hopefully we'll hear from them soon.

Someone on the results page posted that they received their acceptance today. Have you heard anything?

4 hours ago, paceslp said:

Someone on the results page posted that they received their acceptance today. Have you heard anything?

I checked the results page a few minutes ago and I saw that too! At least we know that the school has started sending out acceptances. :) But no, I haven't heard from them yet. 

Since other applicants have received their acceptances, we should also be hearing from them any time now.

Edited by glassesgirl

On 3/30/2017 at 0:54 AM, glassesgirl said:

I checked the results page a few minutes ago and I saw that too! At least we know that the school has started sending out acceptances. :) But no, I haven't heard from them yet. 

Since other applicants have received their acceptances, we should also be hearing from them any time now.

Have you heard anything? I heard from Lamar this morning.

That's great that they got back with you! Finally, right? As of yesterday, I haven't heard anything from them. I've been checking my email and the Lamar admissions portal every day. 

If you don't mind my asking, have you decided where you want to go to grad school yet? So far, I have been waitlisted at Texas Tech University Health Sciences Center and at Stephen F. Austin! Really hoping to hear from all of these schools soon!

11 hours ago, glassesgirl said:

That's great that they got back with you! Finally, right? As of yesterday, I haven't heard anything from them. I've been checking my email and the Lamar admissions portal every day. 

If you don't mind my asking, have you decided where you want to go to grad school yet? So far, I have been waitlisted at Texas Tech University Health Sciences Center and at Stephen F. Austin! Really hoping to hear from all of these schools soon!

I hope you hear from Lamar soon. I received an email, but I am not sure how they notify other applicants of their status. My status still says it's under departmental review. 

Yes, I plan to accept Univ of Houston's offer. I will be declining SFA's offer as soon as UH confirms that they received the paperwork necessary to reserve my spot. I loved SFA's program, so it was definitely a tough choice. 

Edited by paceslp

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/4/2017 at 1:59 AM, glassesgirl said:

Can you let me know If you hear back from SFA this upcoming week? Im on their waitlist too. 

5 hours ago, mxr123930 said:

Can you let me know If you hear back from SFA this upcoming week? Im on their waitlist too. 

I'm not sure if this helps, but a friend of mine recently got accepted off the waitlist at SFA. I declined SFA's and Lamar's offers this past week. 

On 4/15/2017 at 5:22 PM, mxr123930 said:

Thank you! It does! Do you know if she is accepting the offer? 

Yes, she accepted the offer.

On 4/15/2017 at 10:03 AM, mxr123930 said:

@mxr123930 I am still on the waiting list for Stephen F. Austin as of today. I will definitely let you know if I am accepted off of SFA's waitlist. Please let me know if you are accepted off the waitlist as well!