Home State "Bucket List"?

angesradieux

I live in Chicago and I didn't have a chance to visit Denver yet, but I know guys from my work think that it's a perfect place. Can one survive without a car in Denver? 

3 hours ago, ejpril88 said:

I live in Chicago and I didn't have a chance to visit Denver yet, but I know guys from my work think that it's a perfect place. Can one survive without a car in Denver? 

Definitely need a car unless you're living uber central, even then if you like cooking at home you'll probably want one. We have a limited rail system, but its pretty expensive and doesn't have connectivity in the suburbs so you'll have the "last mile" issue where theres no way to your final destination. 

Similarly, I'm bringing my car to Chicago, if only for the possibility I will have a field placement out of reach or that requires home visits. I would really like to sell it and be done ASAP, however.

I was speaking more in terms of golden or boulder or colorado springs, where the state colleges are. from what I understand, they're pretty secluded from the big city nature of denver, and it's surrounded by nature.

Austin is growing fast too. Austin and Portland are the two fastest growing cities right now. The city hasn't done much to compensate in infrastructure, so traffic has become a major problem here. But I'd still live here, because it's such a cool city.

FYI, Colorado Springs is a major city, and Golden is more or less a far Denver suburb with mountains on one side and sprawl around. Boulder is still an urban experience as well, though it has a little more natural barriers to the sprawl.