Those who are still ignored

chocker

I really want to email the programs that I know have sent out acceptances/ interviews so they can tell me if I am rejected or waitlisted.. It's so hard not to email them!

Yes !!

if it is a definite reject then it's better to get it as soon as possible.

I want to move on.

I haven't heard anything yet. But I bet I'm not really being "ignored," they're probably just sitting there looking in amazement at my application thinking "how could such a wonderful applicant exist?!"

This is great! This made me LOL! Thanks for keeping our spirits up :)

I got a rejection yesterday, but that has been it so far. I didn't really expect to get into that school, but it sort of dampens your spirits to have a rejection as your first notification, and at that one that came 10-15 days before the normal period for that school....

I'm probably overly (albeit, cautiously) optimistic about one remaining school, but we'll see. I feel like a death row inmate waiting on the governor's call...

I was expecting something -- anything -- this week, but nothing came. Is it fair to say that I should not be as obsessively checking / worrying over the weekend? The admin staff probably won't be updating statuses, but would potential advisors send emails on a Saturday or Sunday to convey unofficial news?

My mind could use a break before it goes back to the "what if" game on Monday...

I was feeling... ignored until earlier today. I'd heard back from one school, notifying me that I am on their waitlist, but other than that... nothing. Then, I slid my mood ring on my finger this afternoon (after not wearing it for several months) and my phone rang. An acceptance. Voila. I am not taking this thing off until April.

I really want to email the programs that I know have sent out acceptances/ interviews so they can tell me if I am rejected or waitlisted.. It's so hard not to email them!

I did this and got a reply with an interview invite -- so it's not always the worst thing ;).

I got my second rejection today (although I was already about 99% sure I would be rejected, way too competitive and not the best fit, I nearly didn't apply there, so...not a huge loss). On top of my first rejection though, I'm starting to get depressed about the whole thing. First: waiting sucks. Second: getting rejections, no acceptances, and waiting some more REALLY sucks.

Edited by alexis

It is amazing -- after I posted here yesterday and said I was totally ignored, I've got a letter of acceptance with a partial tuition waiver.

Here I wanna post another message and complain that I still have no financial support. See what's going on tomorrow. LOL

Edited by Gareth

It is amazing -- after I posted here yesterday and said I was totally ignored, I've got a letter of acceptance with a partial tuition waiver.

Here I wanna post another message and complain that I still have no financial support. See what's going on tomorrow. LOL

people -- come on post here

lucky thread

Some of other schools have already sent out their answers to people in my field. Schools I *almost* applied to.

As for me... crickets.

What kills me is that, judging from past year acceptances, I have this intensely paranoid feeling that someone, somewhere, is reading through my writing sample right now. And deciding my future.

Seriously, this almost starting to feel like I'm waiting for some pyschic to finish reading their crystal ball.

I wish they'd hurry up and tell me what they see!!!

I am getting very frustrated with the magical black box of admissions. If a school posts on their website that all applicants will receive notice on their file status by a particular date, and that date passed three weeks ago with no notice, and the applicant sends an e-mail and waits five days for a response, then leaves a voicemail and still does not get a response, that is not "mysterious." That is just rude. Of five apps, I have received one e-mail telling me my file is complete and going to the committee. That is all.

Edited by waytooold

Lately, I've taken to visiting the Magic Eight Ball online, and asking it over and over again if I'll be accepted to grad school. Sometimes it says, "Definitely!" or, "Ask again later." Most of the time, however, it says, "My sources say 'no'," or "Outlook not so good," or even more frequently, "No way!"

Thanks a lot, Magic Eight Ball.