Where did you end up?-Fall 2017

manuscript_guy

As the acceptance season is coming to a close I am wondering where you guys wound up? Was it your school of choice? etc. To start off I am going to start my Masters at Bloomington in the Fall of 2017. I applied to five schools and wanted to start my MA/PhD but happy that I got accepted into Bloomington.

I'll be at UNC Chapel Hill for the MA to PhD program! Definitely my school of choice (it was tied at the top with MIT, where I was wait-listed), although I did apply to 6 programs total.

I'll be going to UBC Vancouver! I ended up choosing it over Columbia, the Courtauld, and Tufts - it didn't start out my top choice, but I ended up choosing it over everywhere else I applied except for Williams, where I was waitlisted. The funding is great, it's a wonderful city with a dynamic arts scene, and the professors are all heavy weights who seem genuinely excited about their students. The current students I talked to are all really happy with the program and job/phd placements.  So, I'd definitely encourage future applicants to take a look at Canada! 

I will be going to the Courtauld! It has been my dream school for years and even though I got several other tempting offers (Columbia, IFA, Bard Graduate Center, SMU), I had to go with the Courtauld. My research interests lined up too perfectly with the course I ended up being accepted to and nothing can quite compare to living in a cultural epicenter like London. 

Best of luck to everyone and their future studies! 

CUNY Art Histoy MA. Passing on IFA and SVA for a less expensive/funded degree where I can take classes with the phd cohort and start to build connections with POI for the future!

• 3 months later...
On 4/6/2017 at 7:31 PM, modmuse said:

CUNY Art Histoy MA. Passing on IFA and SVA for a less expensive/funded degree where I can take classes with the phd cohort and start to build connections with POI for the future!

same here !

• 1 month later...

U Chicago, Maph. I know that everyone says it's money cow and blablabla, but hey I get partially funded and people + the art history department + the city are great. I chose it over Columbia. Columbia was so thoughtful and nice tho, Professor Harrist emailed me to welcome me himself and the department director called me twice to chat and say hi. 

• 3 weeks later...

Oxenforde, for a DPhil.  Arrive at my college Thursday afternoon.

Truth be known, it was the only place I got in, although that was largely because I withdrew applications from Cambridge and London before the respective universities could bless their committees' recommendations.