Brown

Chang

It is that time of the year! Do you guys know when Brown usually makes decisions for the PHd program? Any news?

I am waiting to hear from them too, but no news yet. It looks that in previous years acceptance/rejection letters were sent sometime between Feb 20th and Feb 25th.

• 2 weeks later...

oh thank goodness. i saw that there was another response to this thread and thought that they must have started sending out acceptances.

i think last year they sent decisions out this week, so any day now...?

:) Sorry 2010international - did not mean to worry you like that.

Word is that they have been contacting English admittances all day, CSE already got their notifications. The trend seems to be either a phone call or an email reporting that status would be uploaded to Embark by 5:15. I am pretty tired of waiting...anyway, just wanted to share what I knew for fact with everyone else! Good luck all!

Oh, and we have all missed the first round of rejections, referred to by some on these boards as "Brownpacolypse"

at least that can give us hope?

Word is that they have been contacting English admittances all day, CSE already got their notifications. The trend seems to be either a phone call or an email reporting that status would be uploaded to Embark by 5:15. I am pretty tired of waiting...anyway, just wanted to share what I knew for fact with everyone else! Good luck all!

Oh, and we have all missed the first round of rejections, referred to by some on these boards as "Brownpacolypse"

at least that can give us hope?

Sounds Good sochopeful... if you would care to share - how exactly do you know this? And I guess we can feel a little better about missing the first round of rejections.

I see that people are starting to post results after phone calls.

Did they give you any idea about when they were going to formally notify people? I got my wisdom teeth pulled today, so I'm not really in a state to call them right nowblink.gif .

I see that people are starting to post results after phone calls.

Did they give you any idea about when they were going to formally notify people? I got my wisdom teeth pulled today, so I'm not really in a state to call them right nowblink.gif .

I also called and, off the record, they told me that my name made it to the list sent to the dean of graduate admissions. I am not sure whether things could change at the Dean's office. Though, I feel I am already in. Am I rushing to the conclusion too fast.

I also called and, off the record, they told me that my name made it to the list sent to the dean of graduate admissions. I am not sure whether things could change at the Dean's office. Though, I feel I am already in. Am I rushing to the conclusion too fast.

Congratulations Chang and whoever else is in so far!

I was just wondering if in your conversation you got an idea of the following:

1. When the decisions will be sent out to everyone?

2. Will they be sent out by email or will students get calls? (I guess the calls would only be for the accepted...)

3. How many applied to the programme and approximately how many will be getting offers?

I don't know if you'll be able to answer any of these questions (if it was me and I had just been admitted I would probably be too excited to think of anything else then!), but I just thought it was worth asking.

Congrats again!

Congratulations Chang and whoever else is in so far!

I was just wondering if in your conversation you got an idea of the following:

1. When the decisions will be sent out to everyone?

2. Will they be sent out by email or will students get calls? (I guess the calls would only be for the accepted...)

3. How many applied to the programme and approximately how many will be getting offers?

I don't know if you'll be able to answer any of these questions (if it was me and I had just been admitted I would probably be too excited to think of anything else then!), but I just thought it was worth asking.

Congrats again!

I was the other person, and, no, I didn't think to ask all of those questions, but I do think that the staff person said that we will all be sent emails instructing us to check the Embark website soon, once they receive confirmation from the dean. Hopefully by the end of the week! I don't know the size of the cohort details, etc.

I was the other person, and, no, I didn't think to ask all of those questions, but I do think that the staff person said that we will all be sent emails instructing us to check the Embark website soon, once they receive confirmation from the dean. Hopefully by the end of the week! I don't know the size of the cohort details, etc.

Sorry, but neither did I ask those questions. I was told by the staff person (Muriel) that early this week we should be receiving a final confirmation from the dean of graduate admissions. I suppose that by thursday we all should know about final decisions. As soon as I have some more Info I will share it.

Congrats to everyone who was admitted to Brown! Since I'm on the relatively short waitlist, I'm anxious to hear your thoughts about Brown compared to other offers you might have already received. Also, were you given any information about a potential visit day?