Have not heard anything yet from 4/6 schools

Applied to Aerospace Engineering and Mechanical Engineering MS programs at 6 different schools. 

Got into one (woo!), rejected from one, but I haven't heard a peep from the rest of them. The one I did get into, it doesn't look like I will be receiving a funding offer so I should have until July to accept the offer.

Honestly, I'm not really sure where this leaves me. I know a lot of people have been both accepted and rejected to the schools I'm still waiting to hear back from. I've logged into the application websites and all still show my application under review. Is it important I reach out to them before 4/15? Is it likely that I am waitlisted at some of these schools, or am I probably just rejected and they haven't told me yet? 

I really would not know the answer to your question, but just wanting to let you know we're in similar situations. I applied to 8 schools. So far two rejections and two acceptances (one confirmed without funding, the other one waiting notice). The other 4 I am still waiting, I don't really know if they are rejections or waitlist. April 15 is near, so kind of freaking out. But cheers! We've come so far, I guess we can wait a little more. 

@racecar1 It seems like most universities are late on their responses. I talked with some professors at Purdue and they admitted they are a bit late on evaluating the offers. If you don't mind send me a message and we can talk about it in more detail. I also applied to 8 schools, was rejected by one (Washington), waitlisted by one (Michigan), accepted in 4 (Purdue, UT, Illinois, Gatech) and haven't heard from 2 (A&M and Maryland)

On 4/5/2017 at 10:05 AM, StrangeLo said:

I really would not know the answer to your question, but just wanting to let you know we're in similar situations. I applied to 8 schools. So far two rejections and two acceptances (one confirmed without funding, the other one waiting notice). The other 4 I am still waiting, I don't really know if they are rejections or waitlist. April 15 is near, so kind of freaking out. But cheers! We've come so far, I guess we can wait a little more. 

Haha I'm freaking out as well, but good to hear that there's a bunch of us in the same situation. Good luck to you!

19 hours ago, luisalasnjr said:

@racecar1 It seems like most universities are late on their responses. I talked with some professors at Purdue and they admitted they are a bit late on evaluating the offers. If you don't mind send me a message and we can talk about it in more detail. I also applied to 8 schools, was rejected by one (Washington), waitlisted by one (Michigan), accepted in 4 (Purdue, UT, Illinois, Gatech) and haven't heard from 2 (A&M and Maryland)

Looks like we're cross shopping a lot of the same schools too (granted there are only so many aero schools to choose from, ha. I'll shoot you a PM!

13 hours ago, vstrindberg said:

What is the likelihood of acceptance after April 15?

Hopefully greater than zero!

Edited by racecar1

Same. Though I know its very competitive in Computer Science, I have only received 1 acceptance letter and a few rejection letters. Still, the 3-4 good schools that I was sure I'll get into have not replied yet. It just says that the application is awaiting decision.

BTW, I am applying for MS in Computer Science and the one's that I am waiting for are from ASU, TAMU, USC, Purdue and Penn. Anyone got any idea when the letters from these will come? Is it that all admission acceptance letters for these schools are out and the only one's left are the rejected ones? It makes me worry a lot...

Edited by Charvi