California master programs!

I'm about to start my senior year of my SLP undergraduate program. And I know I don't start applying until next year but I have a couple questions about the application and what schools look at. For the CSU programs, do they look at your overall GPA or just the GPA you have received in the Communicative Disorder classes? And what schools in California, are specialized in the medical setting? I have much more, but I will be asking throughout the year as I can't remember all of them at the top of my head. 

Thanks! 

The GPA for the CSUs is something I would like to know as well. I know some schools look at overall, some just the CMSD classes, and some just the last 90 units you've taken.

As for the medical setting schools, I think all the schools technically have some avenue for you to specialize in the medical setting if you so choose to. Schools with medical associations would be my school, Loma Linda University, and I believe San Francisco State as well. But really, all of them offer a way to specialize in a medical setting if you wanted to.

Each university is very different in what they look for in their applicants. From my experience, I know that my last 60 units GPA and my GPA in the pre-requisite courses were both factors in my application process. I applied and was accepted to Cal State San Marcos for their SLP Master's program this fall. When I first began looking at the different programs in my area (SoCal), I attended the free information sessions that the universities offered. After visiting the one at San Marcos, I found that they have a big focus on personalities. They do not require the GRE, but like to see A's in the pre-requisite courses (I had all A's and 1 B). They also told us that while they like to see a decent GPA (at least around 3.0), that is not their biggest deciding factor; they really want someone who will be a good fit at their school. The interview was mostly knowledge based (2 quizzes), but they also wanted you to answer some questions individually about a possible case scenario. I encourage you to start looking more into the specific schools you think you want to attend, go to the campus if you can, and ask a lot of questions. This will help to give you a better idea of what each school is looking for and if it will be a good fit for you. 

I know that CSUSM is more educationally tracked and SDSU is a good mix of both. 

I know CSUSM GPA is a huge factor to get you through the door. They don't look at GRE scores or letters of recommendation. 

Edited by kayyyyy_

This school is private so I'm not sure if you're interested in it, but I was told that Redlands has a very well-rounded program, and you can make it more medically-focused if that is your passion.