It is May and I am still waiting to hear replies from the two schools I have applied in London.  Birkbeck and The Courtauld.  Is this normal?  I did submit my application late (end of March).  Is this a bad sign?  This wait is incredibly frustrating.  I need to find housing and get my student visa.  And I don't know what to do???????

If you can send each school an e-mail, you'll be able to get a response asap. While I've never applied to any London school (I might for next year), the ones I applied to e-mailed me their decisions in 2-3 weeks. Try contacting them. They should get back to you real quick, especially since it has been a month since you applied.

Edited by jazzontherocks

• 4 months later...

I do not know if it is normal or not, but I like the above suggestion.  I guess to add to that, it might be a good idea to check the status of your application online: like if you log into your application, does it give you a status update at all? If not, you could go on there and confirm that you put in the correct contact information and/or address.  Maybe there is a tracking number for the notification letter from the schools? Most Universities do not give the application status over the phone (or email in some cases), because of privacy - with anyone being able to use someone's phone or email to impersonate someone, but there are avenues through which you can gauge whether or not you have been admitted, or get an idea of how serious of a candidate you are.  Have you gotten promotional emails from the school? If so, you might be in luck.  Has anyone from the school contacted you about doing a tour, interview, discussion, or update on the department you applied to? That might be another good sign.  

I would recommend that you consider calling like the above person said, but email also works too.  I just don't know how stringent those schools are about releasing private information over the phone or email.

Thanks, good luck!