Speech@NYU

Has anyone applied to NYU online speech pathology master program. I just finished my application to start September 2017. Any information regarding the program will be appreciated 

Edited by Carolslp

5 hours ago, sincerelycree said:

I am currently in the program, I just started this month. What do you want to know about the program?

I'm starting in September. How do you like the program so far? How are lessons structured? Is it a lecture style or more of a discussion? 

On 6/1/2017 at 0:55 PM, sincerelycree said:

I am currently in the program, I just started this month. What do you want to know about the program?

I heard the classes are live online, but do you pick your own schedule or do they pick it for you.  Also I have a 3.56 com gpa, I have a 3.8 on my undergrad speech courses, a 148 Q 147 V and 3.5 On the GRE. I'm scare my scores are low but it's worth a try. 

Edited by Carolslp

• 2 weeks later...

just got an acceptance letter from a university in my home town. Thank you God !! i have until july 21st to decide, still waiting for NYU, although the university i got accepted to is three times cheaper, the program is three years long and i would have loved to finish within two years. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/1/2017 at 6:29 PM, 2bridges said:

I'm starting in September. How do you like the program so far? How are lessons structured? Is it a lecture style or more of a discussion? 

I'm  sorry for responding so late! I have been a busy grad student lol. I really like the program. It is pretty new so there are still a lot of moving parts but as far as the structure and the learning experience, I enjoy it. So there is asynchronous material that you study during the week (assigned texts and pre-recorded video lectures) and then once a week you will meet with the instructor and other class members fora live discussion. The live sessions are great for questions you may have and you will also do interactive work  (Q&A) along with the class discussions. There are usually weekly quizzes/hw assignments as well. Let me know if you have any additional questions.

On 6/2/2017 at 10:01 PM, Carolslp said:

I heard the classes are live online, but do you pick your own schedule or do they pick it for you.  Also I have a 3.56 com gpa, I have a 3.8 on my undergrad speech courses, a 148 Q 147 V and 3.5 On the GRE. I'm scare my scores are low but it's worth a try. 

I had a 3.24, approximately the same Q&V scores as you and a 4 on the writing portion. I was surprised to get in with a 3.24 but I did! My resume, letters and personal statement were really great though so that may have been a big part of it. The only live sessions are the weekly class discussions. The actual lectures are prerecorded videos that you can watch at any time. Yes, you pick your own schedule based on what classes are available. 

On 5/31/2017 at 11:33 AM, Carolslp said:

Has anyone applied to NYU online speech pathology master program. I just finished my application to start September 2017. Any information regarding the program will be appreciated 

I applied to the online Speech program at NYU in April and still haven't heard! Have you heard yet, @Carolslp?

On 7/3/2017 at 9:25 AM, brittanyr said:

I applied to the online Speech program at NYU in April and still haven't heard! Have you heard yet, @Carolslp?

I withdrew my application because I was accepted to a program in my hometown. I later received a rejection letter from them, could have been because I had already withdrawn my application. 

• 2 weeks later...

I applied to the Fall 2017 start date, with priority deadline and am going on 10 weeks since my application was audited with no admissions decision after being told I would hear around 6-8 weeks! Has any one else been waiting this long? 

19 hours ago, Marisa20 said:

I applied to the Fall 2017 start date, with priority deadline and am going on 10 weeks since my application was audited with no admissions decision after being told I would hear around 6-8 weeks! Has any one else been waiting this long? 

How do you check if your application was audited? Maybe reach out to the admissions counselor if you worked with one during the application process.

2 hours ago, suesue08 said:

How do you check if your application was audited? Maybe reach out to the admissions counselor if you worked with one during the application process.

They sent me an email saying it was audited and said to expect to hear in about 6-8 weeks. I have reached out multiple times and just keep getting told they're still making a decision! Have you received a decision yet?

Edited by Marisa20
Added more

On 7/18/2017 at 5:10 PM, Marisa20 said:

They sent me an email saying it was audited and said to expect to hear in about 6-8 weeks. I have reached out multiple times and just keep getting told they're still making a decision! Have you received a decision yet?

Ahhh ok! No decision yet :(

I applied as well, have not heard anything! My admissions advisor did call to request an enrollment verification & a written statement verifying I will not be attending USU next semester (finishing up my last semester now), but thats it. Good luck to everyone! Crossing my fingers!!

• 5 weeks later...