First RA job - struggling with establishing a routine

Adelaide9216

Hello,

I got my first job as a real RA this summer. I have to work 21 hours per week. Hours are extremely flexible, I mostly work from home. The thing is that, as a new graduate student, I haven't found my routine yet and I struggle with procrastination/motivation as this research topic for this job is unrelated to my master's thesis topic.

Any tips or advice on how I should proceed to be able to complete 21 hours a day?

Depends on your personal style, and if you'd prefer to work a few full days or more partial days. 

Personally, I'd probably work it in 3 days, then have longer chunks of time off. 21 hours is 3 7 hour days (M,T,W), or 2 8 hour days and one 5 hour day. 

For me, a constant schedule helps, and I like to work in large chunks. You might be different. 

• 2 weeks later...

Thank you for your reply. I guess I still have to figure out what works best for me. Now, I am trying doing 2-3 hours chunks two/three times a day with breaks in between and it seems to be working so far.