Clinical Doctorate Programs

Hi everyone! I know most people on here are just now applying for their master's, but is anyone looking at doing a clinical doctorate after?

I've recently been looking into a few of them and they seem to fit my career goals much more than a PhD would. I didn't think I wanted to do any additional education, but I'd be willing to do it if I could work full-time during the process. Just wondering if anyone has experience with what they might be like and how much funding I might expect. I'm favoring the Doctor of Speech-Language Pathology at Northwestern, but the price tag worries me. I've also looked at KU, Valdosta, NOVA Southeastern, and Rocky Mountain University. Are there any others I should check out? I would prefer an online or hybrid program.

I know that my school, Loma Linda University offers a clinical doctorate program, and I believe that it was online... At least I remember the professor in charge of it telling me it was all online and designed to fit around current professionals daily rigor of career. It is designed to be taken at whatever pace you can manage. Here's the website info as well as the contact info for more information:

http://alliedhealth.llu.edu/academics/communication-sciences-and-disorders-cmsd/degree-options/speech-language-pathology

• 3 weeks later...

This is only semi-related, but I am also very interested in this track and asked about it at the CU Boulder open house. It was sort of a red button, and they thought the clinical doctorate was ridiculous and unnecessary. They said that you can practice in all the same ways with a Master's and that there is not an ASHA-outline structure for these programs. They made it clear they never planned to offer one. I know other programs feel completely differently, but I thought I'd share that!