NYU vs. BU for Master of Public Health Program

Hello there, please don't cross-post the same question multiple times. I've removed your other posts. To get responses, you might want to ask better questions. Asking which is better, NYC or Boston, is like asking which is better, pizza or a clam chowder. It depends on so many factors, not least of which is plain old personal taste. What are *you* looking for? What's important to *you*? Both cities will be very expensive. Both have a lot going on. Both have good public transportation. Boston is colder, NYC is more crowded. I could go on, but I don't see the point. As for the programs, again, what are you looking for? You can ask about their placement record, and presumably they might set you up to work in different locations, so that's something to think about. What specifically do you want to know? 

Not to mention, you already have a thread going with lots of opinions about both schools, so why ask again? 

* you have 41 posts instead of 1 post like other askers

* so please answer all the questions so far as they're relevant to your question

only question i have is what research have you done on your own question so far?

but i dont care that much

and you seem to not be satisfy with any responses possibly made

so here's your answer -- 

https://www.timeshighereducation.com/world-university-rankings/2017/subject-ranking/clinical-pre-clinical-health#!/page/0/length/50/sort_by/rank/sort_order/asc/cols/stats

BU is slightly better than NYU for a mph

i would pick BU and spend my time doing more important things, but im not you

oh wait i have one more question,

* why do you feel that comparable city would to better to study a pretty general topic?

Edited by 1%learnings

it's not like the decision is between

* stanford v stratford https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stratford_University

when you are (hopefully..) doing good out there in the world,

* are you going to spend decades trying to decide between saving 10 lives or 11?

* whilst 1000 other lives die indirectly due to not doing anything effective when it comes to saving lives?

you like others need to focus on significant things in life

Edited by 1%learnings

On 6/19/2017 at 1:26 AM, fuzzylogician said:

Hello there, please don't cross-post the same question multiple times. I've removed your other posts. To get responses, you might want to ask better questions. Asking which is better, NYC or Boston, is like asking which is better, pizza or a clam chowder. It depends on so many factors, not least of which is plain old personal taste. What are *you* looking for? What's important to *you*? Both cities will be very expensive. Both have a lot going on. Both have good public transportation. Boston is colder, NYC is more crowded. I could go on, but I don't see the point. As for the programs, again, what are you looking for? You can ask about their placement record, and presumably they might set you up to work in different locations, so that's something to think about. What specifically do you want to know? 

Not to mention, you already have a thread going with lots of opinions about both schools, so why ask again? 

Thanks! I guess I've just been going through quite the decision paralysis, and I was hoping to get more insight. 

The thing is, the question you want an answer to is not one we can help you with. This is a personal decision. I can tell you which city I prefer, but you're not me so it's not clear that that's too helpful. You can try and look at more objective measures -- which one is more expensive? which program offers you better funding? which program offers you better post-degree opportunities (which, of course, means you need to know what kind of opportunities you might want, because they will likely be different for the two schools and which is better depends on what you want!)? which program is better ranked (and does that matter)? 

One thing that sometimes helps me is to pretend I have made a decision. Spend a day thinking "I am going to X!" and see how that feels. Does it feel right or like you made a mistake? How about the other option? At the end of the day, sometimes you just have to make a choice. Both options sound good, and since none of us can see the future, you will never know what the other road might look like. You just take the one you chose and invest your energy in making it the best you can, not in speculating about things you can't change.  

On 6/21/2017 at 0:05 PM, fuzzylogician said:

The thing is, the question you want an answer to is not one we can help you with. This is a personal decision. I can tell you which city I prefer, but you're not me so it's not clear that that's too helpful. You can try and look at more objective measures -- which one is more expensive? which program offers you better funding? which program offers you better post-degree opportunities (which, of course, means you need to know what kind of opportunities you might want, because they will likely be different for the two schools and which is better depends on what you want!)? which program is better ranked (and does that matter)? 

One thing that sometimes helps me is to pretend I have made a decision. Spend a day thinking "I am going to X!" and see how that feels. Does it feel right or like you made a mistake? How about the other option? At the end of the day, sometimes you just have to make a choice. Both options sound good, and since none of us can see the future, you will never know what the other road might look like. You just take the one you chose and invest your energy in making it the best you can, not in speculating about things you can't change.  

Thanks so much for all of your help! I finally made a decision and I feel pretty good about it!