Prereqs before applying

Planning to apply for Fall 2018. I'm wondering if I have to complete the prerequisites listed under the schools' admission requirements before I apply. If I plan to take a course in the spring that's a prereq, can I still apply this fall? Not sure how this works.

Thanks!

In general, yes.

Some schools may require that you finish the majority of the prereqs at the time of applying, so make sure to check out the specific requirements of your target schools.

Many schools only require a majority but not all of the prereqs to be complete at the time of application. Some schools may require proof that you have registered for the remaining prereqs (I had to do that for one program). Check with each program's application process, but generally you should be good to go ahead and apply - especially if you only have one prereq to complete.

Some schools accept "out of field" applicants without any pre-reqs. It's an expensive route to go since you'll be paying graduate level tuition for the "leveling" classes rather than UG tuition. The benefit is that you will have guaranteed acceptance to a master's program whereas not everyone who finishes a 2nd bachelor's or post-bacc leveling program will win acceptance to grad school.

CSDCAS (like the Common App but for grad school in SLP) has a place for you to list in-progress and future planned courses.