Northeastern University Early Date?

jaaaayciee

So I wanted to try and apply to Northeastern University. Because I want to get into the Fall 2018 semester, I know that this time is when all the materials should start coming together. Every school that I have on my list has deadline dates of around November-January. I thought this was perfect! I graduate in December, I just wrote a draft of my SOP, all my LOR writers have agreed to write for me by October, and I have my GRE scores. However, when I looked at the dates for Northeastern University, it said on their website (as I am applying to get a Master's in History) that the deadline for domestic applicants was August 15. I scoured the entire website looking for any other date, and it said that Priority Deadline is in February, but applicants are being considered through August 15.

At the risk of sounding very stupid, does this sound right? Does Northeastern U have a super early date due to how selective the school is? Or is this perhaps a typo, or maybe I am not understanding it correctly? I would think that Priority deadline would be before the regular applications are due, but the website says otherwise.

I was curious about such an early deadline from your posting, so I looked at their website.  My understanding is the priority deadline is next Feb. (2018), and the regular deadline is next August 15th (2018) which makes it a very late deadline, since Fall classes start shortly afterwards.  Good luck in applying!

p.s. I'm thinking of applying for their PhD program for Fall 2018, but will decide after I participate in their Grad open house on Nov. 2.

Edited by ltr317

1 hour ago, ltr317 said:

I was curious about such an early deadline from your posting, so I looked at their website.  My understanding is the priority deadline is next Feb. (2018), and the regular deadline is next August 15th (2018) which makes it a very late deadline, since Fall classes start shortly afterwards.  Good luck in applying!

p.s. I'm thinking of applying for their PhD program for Fall 2018, but will decide after I participate in their Grad open house on Nov. 2.

So then do you think that I should try applying anyway?? Or should I email somebody and ask further details?

Good luck! I hope the Graduate open house goes well for you -- I'd love to go, if I wasn't across the country :P 

Yes, since it's a February priority deadline, which is later than other programs you're considering with Dec/Jan deadlines.  You have plenty of time to decide, even after applying to other programs.  You can email the history department to confirm what I stated.