UChicago Harris MPP vs CIR Dual-Degree

virgogrl56

Hi there! 

I'm looking at UChicago's public policy programs and I'm confused about the distinction between two of their options. They offer the MPP through the Harris school with a Global Conflict policy area or an MAIR through the Committee on International Relations with the option of applying for a dual MAPP degree through Harris. I'm interested in international policy and have been primarily looking at MPP programs before entering the workforce (likely in either the non-profit or public sector). My initial concerns with the two programs (and why I'm asking for a differentiation) is that the MPP won't focus on international policy enough to be worth it whereas the MA/MA dual degree is more geared towards individuals seeking a PhD program in the future (which I am not). If anyone has some insight into either or both programs from a student or applicant's perspective, that would be appreciated!