New NDSEG website not secure?

timedilation

1 hour ago, icapybara said:

I haven't gotten it yet, am on the west coast (no email as of 7:30 pt)

https://ndseg.asee.org/ndseg_fellows/2018_awardees still a 404

http://www.ndsegfellowships.org/2018-awardees still redirects to the home page

Link now works. I was not awarded, but congrats to all who were! I'm 0/4 on fellowships this year, but that's life. TAing isn't actually as bad as they say it is. :)

Sorry Internet. 

Edited by Phancy_Physicist
I cannot read

7 minutes ago, HereForTheAnticipation said:

lies.  dont do that to me

TIL I can't read in the mornings before my first cup of coffee. My sincerest apologies.

18 minutes ago, Phancy_Physicist said:

Link now works. I was not awarded, but congrats to all who were! I'm 0/4 on fellowships this year, but that's life. TAing isn't actually as bad as they say it is. :)

Sorry Internet. 

What 4 fellowships even are there? I applied to NSF and NDSEG, are there more that are open to nondiverse STEM majors currently in grad school? (Other than Hertz)

4 minutes ago, KD35 said:

What 4 fellowships even are there? I applied to NSF and NDSEG, are there more that are open to nondiverse STEM majors currently in grad school? (Other than Hertz)

There are internal fellowships too depending on your university. 

8 minutes ago, KD35 said:

NDSEG, NSF, Hertz, and Ford. Sorry about my diverse-ness. But if it's any consolation, that one had the roughest stats of any. 65 awardees from over 1800 apps. 

Seems like a ton of people still haven’t heard. I’m not ready to say this is good news for us, because I haven’t seen enough rejections today to make me think that we all won the thing (there should be like 6x as many rejections today as winners if indeed 40% become finalists).

I guess I might call in a few hours if there is still no news. This is just so frustrating, waiting til the second week of April was bad enough, now this. (I’ll take back all my complaining if I win, but I don’t think that’s going to happen.)

Just found out I got it!

April 13, 2018

Dear ________:

It is a pleasure to inform you that you have been selected to receive the 2018 National Defense Science and Engineering Graduate (NDSEG) Fellowship Award.  This fellowship is awarded to you in recognition of your academic excellence and Science, Technology, Engineering and Math (STEM) achievements, from over 3600 applications that were received this year.  

Program Awardees receive full tuition and all mandatory fees coverage for up to three years at any accredited U.S. college or university that provides advanced degrees in science and engineering, and a monthly stipend of $3200. In addition, Fellows receive up to $1200 annually for health insurance coverage, and up to two trips (all expenses paid based on the government travel policy per year for training and/or conferences that support their educational initiatives).

The NDSEG Fellowship Program is sponsored by the Air Force Office of Scientific Research (AFOSR), the Army Research Office (ARO), and Office of Naval Research (ONR) under the Office of the Under Secretary of Defense for Research and Engineering, OUSD (R&E).   This program is administered by Solutions Through Innovative Technologies, Inc. (STI-TEC).

Please indicate your acceptance of this Fellowship by signing the NDSEG Fellowship Terms of Award (See Attachment). We must receive your signed terms of appointment no later than May 1, 2018.  Upon acceptance, you will also need to complete all forms in the Awardee package along with the form linked below, and upload all documents by June 1st.

15 minutes ago, hkcool said:

Just found out I got it!

April 13, 2018

Dear ________:

It is a pleasure to inform you that you have been selected to receive the 2018 National Defense Science and Engineering Graduate (NDSEG) Fellowship Award.  This fellowship is awarded to you in recognition of your academic excellence and Science, Technology, Engineering and Math (STEM) achievements, from over 3600 applications that were received this year.  

Program Awardees receive full tuition and all mandatory fees coverage for up to three years at any accredited U.S. college or university that provides advanced degrees in science and engineering, and a monthly stipend of $3200. In addition, Fellows receive up to $1200 annually for health insurance coverage, and up to two trips (all expenses paid based on the government travel policy per year for training and/or conferences that support their educational initiatives).

The NDSEG Fellowship Program is sponsored by the Air Force Office of Scientific Research (AFOSR), the Army Research Office (ARO), and Office of Naval Research (ONR) under the Office of the Under Secretary of Defense for Research and Engineering, OUSD (R&E).   This program is administered by Solutions Through Innovative Technologies, Inc. (STI-TEC).

Please indicate your acceptance of this Fellowship by signing the NDSEG Fellowship Terms of Award (See Attachment). We must receive your signed terms of appointment no later than May 1, 2018.  Upon acceptance, you will also need to complete all forms in the Awardee package along with the form linked below, and upload all documents by June 1st.

Also, I thought the program was recently extended to four years? This seems weird, according to the FAQ on the site it should be four... If its just three, I care alot less since I have NSF already. 

5 minutes ago, GoldenDog said:

Also, I thought the program was recently extended to four years? This seems weird, according to the FAQ on the site it should be four... If its just three, I care alot less since I have NSF already. 

You can defer them.