Columbia?

BluRoze

Nope: silence on all fronts. Vague email replies. Nothing exprimes more ambiguity than "in a few weeks".

The more places I'll get into, the more I will reject. I want to be on the decision-making side soon. So come on Columbia, you can do it. Quick.

Edited by foxes

i heard through the grapevine Columbia is having a rough year and are taking very few students relative to the large number of faculty. At a school that is already dealing with some political camps issues, sounds like there's probably some fighting over whose favorites are getting in

Bof.

They wait until EVERYONE ELSE has given replies, they admit "unofficially", rumors circulate about intra-faculty conflict, hardly reply to email (mine at least)... Sure we really want to hear back? I am really annoyed with the department now.

The "fox and the grape" story.

Bof.

They wait until EVERYONE ELSE has given replies, they admit "unofficially", rumors circulate about intra-faculty conflict, hardly reply to email (mine at least)... Sure we really want to hear back? I am really annoyed with the department now.

The "fox and the grape" story.

Absence fosters love. Any other tormented soul waiting to hear back from Comumbia?

And... many congratulations to the mysterious admitted poster!

Ditto Papaya. I shamed myself by calling yesterday. They said mid-march. Nice.

A little broken hearted that I haven't heard from cuny either.

jeeesus i am going crazy. i need some acceptances or glimmers of hope...ughhhhh

Edited by LosingGrip

Ditto Papaya. I shamed myself by calling yesterday. They said mid-march. Nice.

A little broken hearted that I haven't heard from cuny either.

don't give up just yet on CUNY. i got an email the other night asking when i might be available to talk on the phone about my application. and am hoping to talk with an ad comm member sometime today! i don't know for sure that they will be telling me that i've been accepted but the wording of the email belies that i just might... i'm hoping they wouldn't get my hopes up over a call that actually informs me that i'm waitlisted. ugh.

i say that to say it seems that the contact info for accepted students was distributed among multiple faculty who have gotten around to contacting folks when they get around to it? the last few days have shown me that it ain't over until you actually have a rejection letter in front of your face.

good luck!

That's great news and encouraging! Keep us posted and fish for info if necessary ;)

don't give up just yet on CUNY. i got an email the other night asking when i might be available to talk on the phone about my application. and am hoping to talk with an ad comm member sometime today! i don't know for sure that they will be telling me that i've been accepted but the wording of the email belies that i just might... i'm hoping they wouldn't get my hopes up over a call that actually informs me that i'm waitlisted. ugh.

i say that to say it seems that the contact info for accepted students was distributed among multiple faculty who have gotten around to contacting folks when they get around to it? the last few days have shown me that it ain't over until you actually have a rejection letter in front of your face.

good luck!