Open Houses/ Accepted Students Days

SweetTea08

I am just wondering if anyone else has worried about the possibility that all the Open House/ Accepted Student Day visits for your top choices will all fall on the same weekend?

Not saying I will get into any or all of these schools, but I already know that the Ford School's Spring Preview is April 9-10 and the Harris School will hold Open House on April 9-10 as well. Based on last year's postings, the Kennedy School preview might also fall on that weekend. Luckily, the Maxwell School has a couple of different ones to choose from. Just wondering if anyone had similar worries. Only a few more weeks until March 15....

I'm a bit nervous that being abroad, I won't make any of the open houses. I know it's early, but perhaps some of those who do make it to the open houses would be willing to share thoughts and impressions on this thread? I'd be grateful for any input. :-)

I was also abroad last year working in China and couldn't make any open houses. Luckily several people posted their impressions on here and were available for questions. I thank those people - they were a great help. Also, as we get more and more wired in the world I have to believe that more and more programs will be webcasting their open houses. I know we at Sanford are; I'm in charge of tracking down equipment in the next three weeks :) For comparison, Sanford only posted choice after-the-fact videos last year of a couple panels, and they didn't even run very well. This year much of it will be televised live on Ustream.

I was also abroad last year working in China and couldn't make any open houses. Luckily several people posted their impressions on here and were available for questions. I thank those people - they were a great help. Also, as we get more and more wired in the world I have to believe that more and more programs will be webcasting their open houses. I know we at Sanford are; I'm in charge of tracking down equipment in the next three weeks :) For comparison, Sanford only posted choice after-the-fact videos last year of a couple panels, and they didn't even run very well. This year much of it will be televised live on Ustream.

Good on you! :-) Here's hoping that other schools follow suit. Fletcher seems pretty wired and likely to do something like that.