Results for 2010?

So who has everyone heard from? Any funding offers yet? Interviews? So far, I've been accepted by IUB, but no funding, and I have an interview with CUNY tomorrow. And even though I applied to MSU's PhD program, I was accepted into their masters only.

I guess my biggest question (since it's the school I'm most concerned about), who's heard from SUNY? Anyone? I'm waiting on them, Maryland, and Rutgers, and am on pins and needles! This whole waiting thing is AWFUL!

Also: YAY to us getting our own section! We're a *real* discipline now!

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm also waiting on SUNY....I was rejected from Maryland, so you still have a shot. :) Well, here's the list:

Applied: Maryland, SUNY, Penn State, CUNY- Graduate Center, UC-Irvine, MSU, Simon Frasier, UI-Chicago, Northeastern, University of Ottawa, Rutgers, American, University of Delaware, North Dakota State, George Mason

Rejected: Maryland

Accepted: UC-Irvine, MSU, UI-Chicago

Interview: CUNY

I'm also waiting on SUNY....I was rejected from Maryland, so you still have a shot. :) Well, here's the list:

Applied: Maryland, SUNY, Penn State, CUNY- Graduate Center, UC-Irvine, MSU, Simon Frasier, UI-Chicago, Northeastern, University of Ottawa, Rutgers, American, University of Delaware, North Dakota State, George Mason

Hey congratulations! I'm still waiting to hear from Irvine - it's my #1 choice. When were you notified? And how? I got a message that allows me to click a link to submit a Statement of Intent to Register (MyAdmissions@uci), but it won't let me sign in. I have a feeling its a general message and not specific to me, but my hopes are (nonetheless) UP.

So who has everyone heard from? Any funding offers yet? Interviews? So far, I've been accepted by IUB, but no funding, and I have an interview with CUNY tomorrow. And even though I applied to MSU's PhD program, I was accepted into their masters only.

I guess my biggest question (since it's the school I'm most concerned about), who's heard from SUNY? Anyone? I'm waiting on them, Maryland, and Rutgers, and am on pins and needles! This whole waiting thing is AWFUL!

Also: YAY to us getting our own section! We're a *real* discipline now!

I totally agree - this experience has been up and down. I've been noticing that people have already been accepted (UCI) in the Results section, but I haven't heard anything. When I spoke to the grad coordinator on Friday, she told me they're still reviewing files. Argh!

I am only applied to a few masters programs. I applied for criminology at Florida State and South Florida. I applied to the Criminology, Law, and Society program at The university of Florida. I still have not heard anything back.

I haven't heard from SUNY either... littlegirlvik, I'm guessing you got the generic e-mail from Maryland asking you to wait to make a decision until you hear from them? So...have you heard from them yet? I guess this is the week.

As far as criminology programs only applied to one - UC Irvine PhD - accepted there.

Congrats!

I have also applied to Irvine's PhD program. Would you mind comparing notes? I haven't heard from them, but have been told that no decision on my application has been made yet.

I just got an acceptance to the doctoral program at UMD. :) I was also offered a research assistanship with a stipend of about $14,000 and tuition remission. Yay! I'm excited, but now it's even harder for me to make the grad school vs. work decision.

Who got in to Maryland? I just saw the post.

Congratulations!

That would be me, and thank you! Congrats on your interview with CUNY - I'm jealous! They were my first pick, but I haven't heard from them yet. Oh well, Maryland's not so bad. :)

Thanks! From what I understand, CUNY does more than one round of interviews, but I could be wrong. I'm keeping my fingers crossed for you.

Maryland is awesome. It's the number one program! :) That's pretty impressive, I must say.

Thanks so much! Where else have you applied, and where are you hoping to go? I wish the schools would notify me of their decisions already! I'm still waiting on CUNY and SUNY and the open house for UMD is March 22, so I'd like to be able to make a decision ASAP... blah annoying.

Nothing has changed since last time I posted this...unfortunately. Right now, my top choice would be CUNY. I saw someone got accepted to SUNY a couple of days ago, but hopefully it's not over yet. :)

Who do you want to work with at CUNY (if you want to post it here)?

Arna, congrats on Maryland! That's crazy!

I haven't heard from them one way or another yet, no emails, phone calls, nothing. I guess that's not such a great sign, but we'll see.

That's also an awesome funding package. And college Park would be an awesome place to live.

I just got an email from SUNY informing me that I'm wait listed there, which is fair. I applied directly out of undergrad, and a lot of my numbers weren't so great, so I knew SUNY and UMD would both be reaches. :-)

Congrats, and I got waitlisted at SUNY too! :) Since they only accepted 7 and waitlisted 6, and since they're ranked 2nd, I'm pretty happy about it. :) Not to mention the funding for people who do get admitted.

I just got an acceptance to the doctoral program at UMD. smile.gif I was also offered a research assistanship with a stipend of about $14,000 and tuition remission. Yay! I'm excited, but now it's even harder for me to make the grad school vs. work decision.

Hi there Arna, Congratulations!! How exciting! Do you mind sharing your stats with those of us who are still waiting. Again, congrats, that is so wonderful biggrin.gif

Thanks, everyone! Now I'm just left waiting on my first choice, CUNY...of course they would be the last to get back to me, haha.

highanxiety, I was also worried about being rejected everywhere with just an undergrad degree, but I guess there is hope!

snshn, I graduated in December with a B.S. in criminal justice, a B.A. in psychology, a minor in sociology, and a 4.0 GPA. My GRE scores were not that great: V 630, Q 610, AW 4.0. But my letters of recommendation were excellent, although not from people well-known in the field since I went to a small and fairly unknown undergrad university. Hope this helps, and good luck! Along with highanxiety, I am also curious about where you've applied. :)