SOP how to talk about changing interests within one field?

I studied as a Visual Art student during my undergrad, and focused mostly on fine arts, but now I'd like to attend for MFA in illustration, which is not so related in fine arts. Do I talk about it when I mention my undergrad major, or should I add some sentences briefly to inform the viewers why I changed interests? and is it ok to say I'm interested in both and want to give up on neither?

Edited by DitDot
typo

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/22/2017 at 2:30 AM, rising_star said:

I would talk only about the path that has led you to your current interests. If you do so, it'll give the adcom a sense that you know what you're getting yourself into and have a compelling reason for pursuing this particular MFA program.

sorry for the late reply and thank you for the answer!! I tried your method, and the other user's, who's comment appears to be deleted... anyway it is quite right, the adcoms are not here to know what every little thing you do in your life, they just want to know why are you applying to the program anyway.