Clinical Hours- 1st semester

To any current of former graduate student: (or any future student that has insight on this matter) 

i am currently in my first semester of graduate school and will have about 45 clinical hours by the end of my first semester. How many did you all have after your first semester of graduate school? I am not sure if this is a decent amount or if I will have catching up to do in coming semesters.

Thanks! ?

@jpiccolo @Chai Tea Latte Thank you both for replying! Do you mind if I ask how many clients you currently have? Or are you on a diagnostic team/screening team?  And does your program do on campus clinic all of the semesters leading up to externships or do yo do off campus placements? 

7 hours ago, SLP2BNY said:

@jpiccolo @Chai Tea Latte Thank you both for replying! Do you mind if I ask how many clients you currently have? Or are you on a diagnostic team/screening team?  And does your program do on campus clinic all of the semesters leading up to externships or do yo do off campus placements? 

Currently, I have two clients.

One client is a part of a pre-school language enrichment program, and I spend 6 hours a week with her. The other client, I see once a week for an hour.

I am apart of a diagnostic team, but that only happens once a semester and it is 2 hours long.

And my class got the opportunity to screen preschoolers' hearing, and that counted for 3 hours.

My program has on-campus clinic leading up to our externships, which we will begin in the summer.

It varied. We had two our first summer which was a month long. My first fall I was doing evals weekly plus three actual clients. In spring I did a social language group with another clinician (each responsible for 2 kids) and 1-2 more clients plus adult hearing screenings. My last fall I had two clients plus my school externship. We did on campus clinic 4 out of 6 semesters, and 3 total externships. My classmates had different numbers of clients too. It depended on how often we saw them. We usually had more clients if we had once a week clients otherwise our hours were low. A few had to do extra evals our last fall because their weren't enough when they were on an eval team. 

Edited by jpiccolo