Antioch U - Real School or Joke?

• 4 weeks later...

I used to live near Xenia, Ohio (lived in the Dayton area and attended Wright State) and never heard anyone cast any aspersions on Antioch. They're very much a legitimate institution. I saw friends with degrees from Antioch go on to get good jobs without any problem.

• 1 month later...

I know this is late, but if you ever have a question about a school, always check chea.orgĀ 

As the link shows, Antioch University would be legit due to its accreditation by HLC

http://www.chea.org/4dcgi/chea/search/detail.html?action=chea&chea_activity=inst_details&inst_cid=211

• 4 weeks later...
On 12/5/2017 at 9:56 PM, TheHessianHistorian said:

I used to live near Xenia, Ohio (lived in the Dayton area and attended Wright State) and never heard anyone cast any aspersions on Antioch. They're very much a legitimate institution. I saw friends with degrees from Antioch go on to get good jobs without any problem.

Me too! Antioch is definitely a real, legit school. I recall them having budgeting issues, but many schools, including Wright State, are in that bucket. It's worth looking into.

Its a real school, with multiple campuses across regions, the closest to me is Antioch Los Angeles. As with most private institutions, tuition is pretty high. It appears to be unranked in USNEWS but it is accredited by a regional ranking org (HLC). Looks like it is marketed towards working adults who take afternoon/ night classes. I'd compare it to a state school but since it's private the student faculty ratio is probably lower. If the PhD program provides funding, might be worth looking into! Personally, I do not know anyone who went there. I think if you are looking to work in the region of the campus job prospects will be good due to connections nearby.