Profile evaluation: PhD in computer science (Computer Vision)

popbuilds

Could you kindly evaluate my profile and let me know about my chances for admission at the below-mentioned universities? Thanks.

I want to pursue PhD in computer science, specifically in fields related to computer vision and image processing.

List of schools planning for:

MIT, CMU, Oxford, Cambridge, UIUC, UCF, UMD, UMass, SUNY, U Toronto, Georgia Tech, U Texas Austin, Caltech, EPFL.

Credentials:

GRE: 331/340, AWA: 4.0/6

GPA: Masters (M.S) with 3.85/4 at UC Santa Barbara.

Masters (M.tech) from IIT (India) with cgpa: 9.01/10.

Bachelor's CGPA: 8.82/10

3 publications:

2 journals in Elsevier (I.F: 2.52 and 2.10) and 1 second-tier conference

1 conference paper in preparation for submission. (All publications as the first  author in computer vision related topics)

Recommendations - 2 from UC Santa Barbara and 1 from IIT.

Pre-application replies from: UCF, Oxford, Cambridge, EPFL, UIUC, SUNY, U Toronto

Work experience: 1.5 years as software engineer at Samsung Research Institute.

Edited by popbuilds

• 2 months later...

I guess my question is, WHY!? You have two graduate degrees from two countries, and you still want to go for a Ph.D.? You should be able to work by now, if you are interested in academics, why not go for a teaching fellowship or a Post Doctorate position? With your profile, a Ph.D. will not add much to your "desirability." Also, I am guessing with all your degrees; you are in your late 20's. You should consider working, So, keep in mind, Teaching Fellowships, Post Docs, or just get a job.

On 1/26/2018 at 4:56 AM, The Dark knight said:

I guess my question is, WHY!? You have two graduate degrees from two countries, and you still want to go for a Ph.D.? You should be able to work by now, if you are interested in academics, why not go for a teaching fellowship or a Post Doctorate position? With your profile, a Ph.D. will not add much to your "desirability." Also, I am guessing with all your degrees; you are in your late 20's. You should consider working, So, keep in mind, Teaching Fellowships, Post Docs, or just get a job.

Post Doc positions imply that you have a PhD (which kind of makes sense, given the name =) ), don't they? And it might be impossible to get a job in academia or strong industry research lab without PhD. On the other hand somebody with 2 Masters might finish PhD earlier.

Tot the original question: I don't think I'm qualified to do a profile evaluation, but compared to other applicants that I see in results page (including me =) ) your profile looks quite strong.