How to produce an annotated bibliography

Adelaide9216

Hello,

what are some of your best tools and guides to produce an annotated bibliography? I looked a little bit online, I've never done one before. Just wanted to know if you guys had specific tools or guides or books that you use to do this.

Thanks,

6 hours ago, Adelaide9216 said:

Hello,

what are some of your best tools and guides to produce an annotated bibliography? I looked a little bit online, I've never done one before. Just wanted to know if you guys had specific tools or guides or books that you use to do this.

Thanks,

Have you heard of Endnote? It is a reference managing software that helps you to produce an annotated bibliography. All you need are to save the relevant references in a library and insert them where you need in the text. You then select the output style to be an annotated bibliography. It will then generate one for you automatically. It is also a good software to organise the large numbers of references in a dissertation. Don't worry if you don't fully understand how to do it with my brief instructions. There are youtube videos out there to guide you step by step. 

Other reference managing softwares may also do the same thing, but I am familiar with Endnote because my school offers it for free. You should check if your school has similar offer. 

Below is an example from a university's library:

http://guides.library.cornell.edu/annotatedbibliography

I would suggest that you check the example from your school or the instructions given for your assignment. Basically, you include a short description (about 100 words) of the article that you cite. 

Endnote is a good tool for you to make a list of annotated bibliography. You type your short description under research note for each Endnote entry. When you select the style as "annotated", you will find your annotated bibliography at the end of your document.