University of Denver GSSW 2018

chloe1108

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I applied to their program! I went for a visit in October and fell in love with the program. I lived in Denver for a few months after high school and love the city! The only thing that makes me nervous about DU is the high cost. I haven't heard back but since their application isn't due until January 15th, I figure it will be a little while. Fingers crossed we both get in!

I applied submitted my application with all my LORs in mid December. The waiting is already killing me! Has anyone thought about what they want to specialize in? I plan on concentrating in mental health if I attend. 

I got an email from admissions counselor today who wanted to talk. I am not sure if it is an interview or just someone selling me on the program. I can't imagine it is a bad sign, but I am not really sure what to think. Has anyone else heard anything from GSSW yet?

14 hours ago, AHabG said:

I got an email from admissions counselor today who wanted to talk. I am not sure if it is an interview or just someone selling me on the program. I can't imagine it is a bad sign, but I am not really sure what to think. Has anyone else heard anything from GSSW yet?

I got that email as well, and wasn't really sure either. I kind of feel like it's someone selling the program because she mentioned discussing the application process even though I already applied. Someone posted in another discussion that during this month's info session they said a large batch of applicants will receive their decisions by the end of Jan.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi! I applied to GSSW for Fall 2018 PhD. I submitted my application on Jan. 1. Haven't heard anything.

I also applied to WashU, U of Chicago, UT Austin, IU and SUNY Albany. Rejected from WashU, and based on others already hearing back from U of Chicago, I probably didn't get in either. Ugh! I just need one school to take me!!!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...