Question for a post-bac student who has no idea what she's doing

Hello! Please bear with me. I'm a career changer and this is my first semester as a post-bac student for SLP. It's my understanding that students applying to grad school should have completed certain ASHA-required science courses (chem, bio, physics, stats and a social science). To my knowledge, all SLP graduate student applicants should have completed these and must have them before starting their fellowships. I was talking with a few of my fellow post-bac colleagues, and they have no idea what I'm talking about when I say I need my ASHA science classes. Just to confirm, we do have to have these in our undergrad, correct? My issue is that I wasn't required to take chemistry or biology in undergrad and have to make up for that, which is why I would like to know what exactly I need. Thank you! :)

Yes, you're correct that you will need to meet the basic ASHA requirements. Some grad schools might let you take it prior to graduation while you're in the program, but most of them are going to want you to have it completed before you start. You'd be wise to have them done either way as grad school is enough work without adding that on top. 

You can find a list on ASHA. https://www.asha.org/Certification/Course-Content-Areas-for-SLP-Standards/
I had that all done from my undergrad work, but I would take those classes at a community college if I needed them before applying for grad school.  

1 hour ago, slporbust2016 said:

Yes, you're correct that you will need to meet the basic ASHA requirements. Some grad schools might let you take it prior to graduation while you're in the program, but most of them are going to want you to have it completed before you start. You'd be wise to have them done either way as grad school is enough work without adding that on top. 

You can find a list on ASHA. https://www.asha.org/Certification/Course-Content-Areas-for-SLP-Standards/
I had that all done from my undergrad work, but I would take those classes at a community college if I needed them before applying for grad school.  

Thank you very much for the information. Good luck in your program. :)