Independent research w/o supervisor (Criminology)

roxannetyx

Hi, 

This is my first time posting in the forum (hoping that I don't make any mistakes)

I am currently in my final year of my law degree. As part of my final year studies, there is a dissertation module to complete and I have chosen criminology as the subject of research. Due to the nature of my degree, I am unable to find a academic supervisor in the way on-campus students are assigned to for the purpose of their dissertation. 

Thus, i seek advise as to how I can find some kind of help akin to academic supervision or any kind of advise on how to carry out this independent research.  

In addition to what rising_star said, if by "research" you mean research using human subjects, at many places that type of work requires both ethics approval by an institutional review board and a confirmed supervising faculty member. So it actually can't be conducted independently by a student and, if you can't find a supervisor, another topic might be more feasible.