PROFILE EVALUATION/ Suggest some safe colleges

ATOMIC

GRE: ( V-156, Q-164, AWA - 3.5)
TOEFL- 109
B.E: 9.45(MECHANICAL) from Ramaiah Institute of Technology
Research experience - 2 summer internship - 1) Summer Research Fellowship @ Indian Institute of Science, Bangalore

final year research project- Development of Supercapacitors- On the verge of being filed for Indian Patent

publication - 1 in an international journal

Applying for material science (COMPUTATIONAL)  PhD
Decent SOP

LORs: 3 academic LORs from professors in college.

Colleges intended: 

UIUC
UC BERKELEY

U MICHIGAN AB
NORTHWESTERN U
PURDUE U
U TEXAS at AUSTIN
TEXAS A&M
PENNSYLVANIA STATE U
UC Santa Barbara

Penn State U

Should I apply to some safe colleges or not apply to some of the above colleges? 

Hi Raj! All the colleges you have intended to pursue seem to bee high-end college. I think you should apply for at least one or two safe colleges. Looking at your profile,  you could apply at Iowa State University, Mississippi State University. However, make sure your intended research area can be fulfilled by these universities as your overall profile should fit in with their programs.

Hi! ankush, Thanks for suggestions. Unfortunately, Iowa state university and Mississipi State University does not have research that matches my graduate research interest which is in Computational Material Science. Can you suggest some other universities which are considered safe for material science Ph.D. applicants with my profile?