I have no idea about religious studies - they seem pretty small, and I'd guess no more than 10.

I love Providence! It's a weird little city, and often feels like a big town; running into your students at the movie theater never gets less strange. The food scene is absolutely off the charts, particularly given the relatively small population. Coming from Boston, housing is pretty cheap, say $500-800/BR. 

3 hours ago, telkanuru said:

I love Providence! It's a weird little city, and often feels like a big town; running into your students at the movie theater never gets less strange. The food scene is absolutely off the charts, particularly given the relatively small population. Coming from Boston, housing is pretty cheap, say $500-800/BR. 

Can you get good beef in Providence? For some reason I'm terrified it'll be nothing but fish lol.

55 minutes ago, KA.DINGER.RA said:

I'm applying to Brown for the Assyriology and Egyptology program. 

Ok - now THAT'S cool.

On 12/21/2017 at 2:38 PM, ShewantsthePhD101 said:

Can you get good beef in Providence? For some reason I'm terrified it'll be nothing but fish lol.

You can get good everything in Providence. Except ramen - I've only found OK ramen. If you cook yourself there are some absolutely excellent butchers around, too.

Edited by telkanuru

8 hours ago, ShewantsthePhD101 said:

...Is Ramen actually a thing people pay for? I mean, aside from buying at the grocery store and making it yourself? There is such a thing as "good" ramen? I'm so confused lol.

Oh poor summer child. You need to find a place that specializes in Ramen. 

8 hours ago, ShewantsthePhD101 said:

...Is Ramen actually a thing people pay for? I mean, aside from buying at the grocery store and making it yourself? There is such a thing as "good" ramen? I'm so confused lol.

In a word, yes. 

If you find yourself at Harvard, visit Santouka. You'll see.

• 1 month later...