Will fall semester grades negatively impact my application?

stats97

Seems that so many people have brought it up before, but I have seen quite differing answers.  My fall grades are bad. I expected this because I was so busy with my research projects and applications and have no time to study. I have the following questions:

1. Many of the programs I have applied do not require me to upload my fall semester grades. But they will definitely ask for my full transcripts after admission. Would it be possible that they rescind my offer because of my bad performance this fall? (I won't fail any classes, just that the grades are on average worse than the previous semesters, like jumping from straight A's to B's)

2. Some schools do ask for an updated transcript whenever it is available. In that case, does it make sense to hold my updated transcript until I am asked to do so? Don't want to let my fall semester ruin my whole application.

Thanks a ton!

Edited by stats97

Not to stress you out or anything, but if you're an undergrad, most likely you'll get provisional acceptances, pending successful completion of your BA. In that case, you'll most likely be required to submit a final transcript at the end of the year. That might make your questions here moot. But in any event: 

1. Possible, but highly unlikely. Bs aren't failing grades, after all. More likely, they just want to verify the information you submitted is correct.

2. I wouldn't submit anything that wasn't helpful unless I was explicitly asked to do so.