dontknowwhattocallmyself

Question

2 answers to this question

I am also applying to stats PhD programs.  Assuming application deadlines are pretty consistent throughout the past 5 years or so, and that the results survey typically has at least 1 result from the first round, I would say approximately 4-6 weeks after the deadline.  If it is a Top 20 program you can find results in the survey.  Lower ranked programs may not have a lot of data but they, in general, seem to take 4-6 weeks to start admitting people.  Duke, in particular, takes longer and usually starts sending out interview invitations in January and acceptances in late February.  Unfortunately, there isn't enough data to be more exact than 4-6 weeks without knowing the programs you have applied to.  I don't know how the turnaround time compares to other fields.  I am definitely going to post on results as soon as I hear anything,  but I am not expecting news until the end of January.  Good luck!